1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best d/l manager to use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tony46113, Dec 27, 2014.

1. tony46113

tony46113 Member

What's the best download manager to use with this site? I tried using Download Accelerator Plus, but it wasn't accepting my password for romulation when I tried to add a link. And then the Chrome plugin I was using said that download resume wouldn't work with this site. I used to use flashget for http d/l's, so I'm going to give that a shot. Trying to queue up files while we have unlimited downloads. I would very much love to have a premium membership, but I can't get anyone to take my money ... LOL. Any word on that? I really don't care if they download one at a time. Just want to add to a d/l manager, so I don't have to check every 30 minutes to start a new one.

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

3. tony46113

tony46113 Member

For some reason, when I right click on the download button and paste into the d/l manager, it wants to download an html file (which never even starts to download). Am I missing something here?
    Post Merge: [time]1419658211[/time]
    Trying IDM, nothing successful yet. It does d/l the file, but I keep getting bad files when I try to open the RAR's in 7zip.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

That's because 7zip is ancient :p

WinRar has had newer archiving features added (the Rar5 algorithm to be exact) that 7zip currently doesn't support, which is why WinRar is still the better option.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

DAP is known not to work properly unfortunately, it's due to it not conforming with the HTTP RESUME specs.

If you're not premium, the usual rules still apply: One connection, One file at a time.

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

yup it doesnt most most of the time it downloads a index.html/unknown file instead of the rom.

so i use IDM

7. tony46113

tony46113 Member

Thanks for the advice everyone! Working great with IDM and WinRar 5.