1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best cart available nowadays?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by malachite125, Feb 24, 2011.

1. malachite125

malachite125 Active Member

My Acekard 2i recently died, and I'm looking for a replacement. Based upon compatibility and functions, I'm looking to buy a Supercard DSTwo; despite the high price, I find being able to play GBA games on a DSi to be enticing. However, I'd like to get some second opinions on what I should purchase. Do any carts have generally better DS rom compatibility than the SCDS2? Which has the best optional functions like emulation and cheats? Cost isn't really a matter to me.

On a side note, for those of you with a Supercard DSTwo, how are the emulators for it? Namely, GBA, SNES and Genesis, but I'd like opinions on any and all of the emulators available for it.

2. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

scds2 i bought one recently best card ever
    it can play everything from ds to Mame even snes and movies
    epic cheat support with the ingame menu you can activate slow motion for hard parts in games and you can cheat with an inbuilt cheat engine
    the acecard 2i is the second best card but purely because of the ds game support

3. RoM-ee

RoM-ee Well-Known Member

dstwo is currently the best cart right now
    best game compatibility
    best features
    best realtime menu

the dstwo's SNES emulator is the best on the DS right now
    the GBA emulator is good, not as good a slot2 like the 3in1, but it's the best option on the DSi

4. drag0nbus7er

drag0nbus7er Member

I won both an acekard 2i and a SCdstwo, and i can safetly say if cost isnt and issue i would go with the supercard two. The game boy advanced emulator is top notch quality and it saves you from spending an extra 25-40 dollars on a slot 2 device. The games i have played, 150 ds games, 50 gba games, all work without any flaws, also I am really enjoying the media player for the scds2 as well. Plus scds2 has real time save slots so you can save anywhere and pick up where you left off,also you can copy an faq from any gamefaqs site, and put it in a text file, then read the text file while the game is still loaded.
    However if all you plan to do is run ds roms, then the acekard is the way to go, i have had no compatibility issues due to its anti anti piracy feature, and the price tag for less then 20 dollars without a memory styick is its real redeeming quality, although i just got the scds2 last week i am having alot of fun with it.

5. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

dont forget the mame and snes emulator