1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best card to use for Dsi

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by dsistheman, Mar 24, 2009.

1. dsistheman

dsistheman Member

Ok Guys i am purchasing a dsi soon, what will be the best new card to buy to replace my R4

2. wallyftw

wallyftw Member

You don't. Nintendo can track every launched game even if you launched it just once. So even if you bought an Acekard 2i, launched it once then went through Opera Web Browser then Nintendo had an update via WiFi, you'd be screwed. Nintendo would have tracked the Acekard 2i ticket in your DSi and bricked your DSi. <-- All hypothetical but can VERY easily become reality.

Until a reliable flash comes out with a firmware blocker, then I don't suggest any DSi flashing.

~ Wally

3. Pang_Dan

Pang_Dan New Member

4. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

uh oh. no DSi for me then. not that i have the money for it anyways. it's scary cause it makes perfect sense

i've always hated forced firmware updates

5. googolplex1234

googolplex1234 Well-Known Member

Are they going to be forced? I thought they would be more like the PSP where you could choose if you wanted to update or not.

I'm not sure. If anyone has any information about how it will be updated, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

6. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

about the forced firmware thing, i heard that there IS one with the PSP, but that's only if you're crazy enough to use the UMD disks after you modded your PSP which was supposed to eliminate that in the first place?

7. nekosabre

nekosabre Active Member

Quite honestly, the coders usually get workarounds for stuff like that. Much like how IdolM@ster is now almost completely playable. But, once a new OFW comes out, then we will get to play IdolM@ster without any problems whatsoever.

Seriously though, this is just one more reason not to get a DSi...Maybe Nintendo will get hit with these horrible decisions, but, most likely the zombies will just continue buying their games -_-'

8. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too scared about the whole Nintendo taking down your DS through your flashcart thing. They woln't brick your DS. A company that works so hardto put on a happy smiling mascot face isn't going to destroy the stuff people purchased, no matter what they're doing with it. And unless you're a snatch and go person, and will come here only to reap new roms, then the constant cat and mouse game between developers and nintendo will constantly provide a flash cart that's up to date and working.

The thing you DO have to be scared of, however, is being one of the poor suckers that get involved in one of the initial lawsuits I'm still expecting to see. I can't remember, but recently some music company was sueing the s*!t out of some poor students for illegally downloading music. If Nintendo became fed up with the NDS hackers (which may be so, more and more games have having flashcart protection on them, and DSi broke the flash carts) then they might try the same thing, although I doubt it. Not only would they look like the bad guys, but they also get enough money from the DSl to simply buy all of the people using flashcarts and make them work in the secret Nintendo slave mines (where do you think your shoes came from?).

9. 88stumpy88

88stumpy88 Active Member

I have a acekard 2.i and am buying a dsi 4 days about time Australia got something out quicker considering its not very far from japan ;D

10. fuegojose8

fuegojose8 Member

Don't buy anything. Its already been confirmed in Europe that the DSi ships with the initial Japanese firmware that Acekard cracked with the 2i but in order to actually use the DSi you have to go online with it and download the NEW firmware that Nintendo put out which is going to block out flashcards to the point of not even being able to boot.

11. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

T-T damn and the DSi come out on my b-Day but i can wiat for somone to make a patch or somthing

12. kyeom219

kyeom219 Active Member

Bought the DSi from the neighboring country Japan,,, R4 doesnt work, Cyclo freezes,.,.,.,
    i dont think u will be able to play using a flashcart just yet....

im currently just using my DSi as a music player

13. 88stumpy88

88stumpy88 Active Member

Well i got my Dsi today (Australia) and am using acekard 2.i and works fine even with the update i downloaded

14. ROMMUM

ROMMUM Member

OK my DS Linker doesnt work ... think its best to just go and by a second hand ds lite to use and Ive still got a discount from the trade in ... thanks for all the posts .there is now where else to get this info ..thanks guys!!

15. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

But I dont see why you would want a DSi all they added was two cameras, and all that for a whooping 200$, its so not worth it just to buy it and see that all your games doesnt work, and after only use it as a music player like kyeom219
    so basicaly I say dont buy a DSi, buy another DS lite

16. dazza_rocks

dazza_rocks Member

firmware isn't forced......... i have a firmware update but didn't need to do it..................

17. sonic532

sonic532 Active Member

if we take the flash cart out will it work?

18. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I think the DSi might have memory >.<

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

This is a load of bollocks as far as I'm aware; it is not technically possible for the unit to tell the difference between a flashcart and a legit cartridge.