1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bayonetta 2

Discussion in 'General News' started by Duncan Idaho, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

source source 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIot0Otq7MA&feature=player_embedded

The game is a Wiiu exclusive, no one seemed to want to pick it up so nintendo offered, inb4 flame war

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Not sure why this is such a shit storm, no one else would've published it, so Nintendo is. If they hadn't, this game wouldn't exist.

3. Duncan Idaho

agreed but haters are going to be haters

4. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

whos hating? you trying to bait?

5. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

"LIKE GOD OF WAR BUT"

/Croshaw

6. Duncan Idaho

go to gamefaqs, bayonetta 2 boards, check the first 5 topics 90% of them are full of flame, death threats and kids whining that bayonetta 2 wont be on PS3/360 and it will be exclusive to the wiiu the a 3% flames and hopes it goes multi (which wont happen since nintendo is publishing and they probably bought the rights of bayonetta publishing like Microsoft did with ME1) the 1% that remains points out nintendo rescued this from the trash can, i said inb4 flame war because i wouldnt had been surprised people flamming each other

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I don't even see how this WiiU thing is a problem myself. I'm more interested to see how Nintendo works with Platinum Games.

8. Duncan Idaho

Madworld should tell you all you need :D, basically nintendo is the reason why platinum exists, when clover disbanded and reformed as platinum they went to several publishers with a title and made madworld for the wii

9. darkelf1

darkelf1 Member

God, WiiU exclusive, NO........

10. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Gamefaqs Boards are the most hilarious flame war ridden troll baiting forums in the world, they are the worst.

11. Duncan Idaho

the only board i found to be sane is the gungir/gungnir one, a bunch of friendly people, and there is an expy of smogon elitism on the growlanser IV boards XD, anyway i am happy to see an exclusive to disminish the "wii u only has games i've already played" which people forget not everybody can afford a gaming PC or an extra console

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

bayonetta 2 is on Wii U? good for them....

13. acdgood

acdgood New Member

why not all platform...TT

14. Duncan Idaho

because nintendo is both funding and publishing this game, nintendo has a history of making iron clad contracts that assure that a game published by them is and will be exclusive

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they also have a history of losing said contracts because of poor design decisions.

16. Duncan Idaho

eh true but nintendo has learnt from past mistakes, they made an huge number of mistakes with the n64 so on the GC they were more friendly but the 3rd party publishers but that time they chose a very difficult media to work with, afterwards with the wii they made the architecture simpler to program and allowed the use of a different format, what 3rd party dint liked were the low (lol) specs of the wii, so nintendo made new console with more power

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'd say they haven't learnt. They made the same mistakes with both the gamecube and the wii u that they did with the N64. (using expensive/proprietary media with a much lower capacity than that of their rivals). That lost them final fantasy, and basically killed the N64, despite it being technically superior to the playstation. So they brought out the gamecube, which used proprietary media with a fraction of the capacity of the DVDs used by the PS2, and now the wii u, again using proprietary disks which are more expensive to manufacture than blurays.

18. Duncan Idaho

On that aspect i agree, but you need to admit, compared to the past they have taken several steps foward when it comes to handling third part developers, and several old companies that worked with them are returning, for example shin megami tensei IV has been oficially announced for the 3DS, remember that SMT jumped from the SNES to the PSX and PS2 (persona made by atlus went to the PSX, STM III went to the PS2) but now has returned if slowly to nintendo (so far the newest persona is a figthing game based on the events of the 4th game), i wouldnt be surprised if square enix started working with them again, i would love to see a remake of the series that terranigma belongs too, also capcom was willing to create megaman legends 3 for the 3DS but they randomly shot down the whole thing.

19. Trala123

Trala123 Member

When I saw this news, I was like "Oh gawd, haters gonna hate. Hahaha". This is true. This will show that, indeed, Nintendo is able to publish games for hardcore gamers. I think they are doing a fantastic job so far with the release line-up.