1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by teheezin, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I recently took my DSi manual and study through it and there's a page saying if I charge my DSi more than 500 times the battery life spent will left 70% that means I won't be able to play as long as I can now.. so I was just wondering when I plugged my DSi into a charger and plugged it out and tht considered one time? or is it considered one time when plug it in the charger and wait till it's fully charged?

2. metoxys

metoxys Active Member

I think one time is "when plug it in the charger and wait till it's fully charged".

meto

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No. Partial charges count. Partial charges are actually worse for the battery than full charges.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe that test is 500 complete drain/charge cycles.

I know that older batteries tend to have a "memory". That if you charge them when they still have a near full charge, they eventually start to "remember" that short charge time, and later in life, when the battery really is empty, it won't charge completely, instead only doing that short charge it remembers. But newer batteries have lessened that effect.

To get the most life out of the battery you should charge it completely, and only when it is low.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Lithium iron batteries are immune to it, however repeated partial charges will wear them out faster.

6. eyeball226

eyeball226 Well-Known Member

Yes, what Loonylion said is true. In addition, it is bad for li-ion batteries to be completely discharged (it's virtually impossibly to do this to the DS's battery unless you're actually trying). Play until the DS switches off from lack of power and then charge.

7. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Okay..dang this is painful T.T I charged it partially over the few weeks since I've bought it >.< thanks guys..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.