1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Batch Dpg ( video converter to play video in moonshell )

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by olmo12, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olmo12

olmo12 Member

How to convert movies to DPG for Moonshell
    Have you been wondering how to convert movies to a playable format for you Nintendo DS?
    The wondering stops now!

We’ll convert our movies so we can play them in Moonshell.

To play movies in Moonshell, you’ll have to convert the movies to a DPG file.
    I found a great converter called BatchDPG. This converter will help us very much later on!

Before we want to use BatchDPG we need to install a few things:

AviSynth (download link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/)

ffdshow ( download link: http://www.ffdshow.info/ )

After installing all those files, you can download and install BatchDPG
    Download link: http://dl.qj.net/BatchDPG-v1.0-Final-Nintendo-DS/pg/12/fid/8841/catid/220

Open to application, and if you installed all the components above it shouldn’t give an error.

Given above is the main screen you should see after installing BatchDPG.

[​IMG]

In the input section choose a file you want to convert, you can also add a subtitle file.

In the output section you can choose the directory where to save your dpg file (the output field)

If you want, you can change the setting in the video and audio section. But it is set to a good format by default anyway.

To add your movie file to the queue press the button add at the bottom.

You can now either choose to add another file through the input section or start converting the movie to a dpg file.

Press run and it should start converting the list of movies you added.

This might take a while depending on the speed of your computer and the length of the movie.

The only thing left to do after converting is to copy the dpg files to your memory card.
    Start up Moonshell and select your movie files.

2. GameCheatZ

GameCheatZ Member

Woah does this really work? has anyone tried it?

3. Of course it works, this is one of 12235421342 million tutorial posts on the web to convert movies into .dpg files. DPGenc is a much better program though. BatchDPG is fine, but it's best suited for converting multiple movies at once. Converting even one, takes a while. Besides with DPGenc you don't need to download useless things. (dpgenc package comes with everything you need)

4. sadboy

sadboy Guest

everone dont download dpg program its a virus a virus before you post link to stuff make sure its virus free you should be banned for stuff like that are get a warning i had to virus scann to find it no i found it fast with my virus protection bye

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I downloaded just to test.
    AVG 8.5 does flag it as a virus.

I removed the link and put a link to the dl.qj.net location.

Edit:
    Funny thing is, the image used says BatchDPG 1.0, and he had a link to "1.56"

Either he did it on purpose or is really ignorant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.