1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Basic Troubleshooting Question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sweatyman, Jan 18, 2011.

1. sweatyman

sweatyman New Member

Ok so I just downloaded my first emulator.....ever. I downloaded the ZSNES for Mac OSX. Consequently I downloaded Chrono Trigger and I'm ready to test out my emulator right? So maybe I'm not quite as technically savvy as I thought, but I cannot seem to figure out how exactly I get the game to work. There is no way for me to open the file in my ZSNES emulator that I can find.

If anyone could tell me how to get the game to work on my system it would be greatly appreciated. And if you could dumb down your explanation for me that would probably go a long way for me, since I'm not completely hip to computer lingo. Thanks in advance.

--Sweatyman

2. sweatyman

sweatyman New Member

Thanks for all the overwhelming help.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Im sorry for the lack of response, but the moment I saw "mac osx" I too almost left...

I assume most of us never touched the mac version, and I for one use snes9x, which many find better than zsnes, but no idea if there is a mac port...
    Post Merge: [time]1296041269[/time]
    Oh and the fact this was posted in the game lounge/nintendo section explains a bit, it MIGHT of gotten some more looks if posted in the emulation help, someone shall move it....

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

hYpNoS is correct, ditch ZSNES & go for snes9x, here's the mac port:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/mac/

Yeah... version 1.43...

Pretty outdated but still good :)

I suggest you go to snes9x development team's forums & ask there if the latest version (version 1.52) has a Mac port:

http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=8

Alsi, I think the topic starter's problem lies with the fact that he tried playing the Chrono Trigger file directly after download, meaning it was not extracted & has a .rar. or .zip, .7z file extension. In which case he needs an archive file extractor.

5. sweatyman

sweatyman New Member

I appreciate it guys. I'm obviously new to the site so I had no clue where to post it. Just went with the quickest route. Anyway, thanks again. I will apply your advice.