1. This forum is in read-only mode.

basic process of downloading & gaming on the DS XL.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by razmaz, Mar 16, 2013.

1. razmaz

razmaz New Member

hi all , i am completely new to this and am just wondering how it works. i have a nintendo DS XL and a 2GB sd card. do i also need some other kind of card? do i download the game files to the sd card and extract there and its ready to go? or is there more to the process? thanks

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

So, you're trying to download pirated games to your DSi XL (there is no "DS XL")?
    If so, you need a flashcard.

See this tutorial for more information.

3. razmaz

razmaz New Member

is that what all this is? pirating? i thought it was'nt illegal. is'nt that what all these files are about here? or is this a pirate site? what you mean no DS XL ? ok , DSi XL. its sitting in front of me.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

DS and DSi are different consoles (DSi is the successor to the DS)

Yes downloading romfiles is illegal.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Pirating *is* illegal.
    The files RomUlations hosts are illegal.

6. razmaz

razmaz New Member

c'mon , your spoiling the fun. 8) actually i just read about this on a how to wiki. it said there that it was'nt illegal and millions of people do it.

7. Loonylion

It's wrong. You're getting something for free that you normally have to pay for, therefore it's illegal. Many sites will tell you that so long as you own the original game or delete the file within 24 hours it is legal, but this has no basis in law and is made up to allow people to pretend that it's not illegal.

Producing your own roms of games you own IS legal, so long as you don't distribute them to anyone. Downloading commercial game roms is always illegal.

8. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Well if your country does not cares about priacy, lacks of a laws that forbid it, etc. then it is not illegal.

Do not try to wield the "but international law says piracy is illegal" international law cannot do a thing if it's not incorporated properly onto the laws of a nation, since international law relies on that to be effective.

9. Loonylion

international law is not reliant on national law. international law simply penalises the entire country rather than just the people committing the offences.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

:D