1. This forum is in read-only mode.

baseball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by codemeister1990, May 4, 2008.

1. I really don't understand what makes it so compelling, but its a great game almost anyone can enjoy, whether it be watching it, or playing it (fast and slo-pitch)

I recently went to a (blue) jays game, and I loved it (may 2nd, jays 2, white sox 0)
    its definitely different that a hockey game, but its good in its own way...
    you got your hecklers, and the people who spray paint a letter on their chest :D, the class that took a trip to the game, its just cool how you can hear everyone....theres also the wave...:D....sometimes games can go on forever though....I think a good time is 2 1/2 hours....anything after that you've already seen enough baseball

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used to play softball, it's similar to baseball, forgot the differences though.

3. with softball (slo-pitch) the pitcher throws underhanded, and hes gotta get it at least 6 feet in the air...

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I thought with baseball, the pitcher can throw underhanded too? Not really sure as I haven't seen a proper game before or watched any movies to do with baseball. Never really liked watching American games.

5. I don't think its allowed to throw underhanded when pitching...not sure though

6. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

a jap pitcher throws underhanded since he's too small to pitch at most american players

baseball's fun to play but boring to watch like most sports

7. depends on who you are, if it was boring to watch, there'd be no MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL, etc

8. sla03rs

MLB HRs are the really fun thing that happens there

NBA the defense is fun to watch i.e josh smith, gerald wallace, marcus camby etc. offense is pretty fun too

NHL fast paced game with fist fights, how can that not be entertaining

NFL sides the tackles its boring :|

FOOTBALL - i will admit that its boring but I shall quote a famous Brazilian broadcaster "Football is like sex, there's a huge build up for the excitement to come that builds up tension then an explosion when the goal finally comes" ole~

I will admit that what all athletes do are physically impressive although some sports really don't have that entertainment value punch like baseball, cricket, american football, polo and the like in my opinion

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That's because Americans can't play football properly.

10. sla03rs

thats why they imported david beckham XD

I appreciate the game as a whole since I'm a player but it does get boring *coughserieacough* though it gets interesting when italian teams play with other clubs via the UEFA Champions League

11. Loonylion

italians are crap at football. You should see some proper British matches, like a Tyne-Wear derby. (nothing involving manchester united because they don't play properly either)

12. I disagree sla03rs
    a person thats into watching it notices many things, like the pitching, fielding, batting changes, etc.
    some people try predict what each pitcher will throw, or if the batter will swing, there are many fun things to do if you think about it.

the NHL doesn't have as many fights anymore, and its the fast paced action that keeps it alive, it didn't used to be this fast in the 90's and early millennium.

13. sla03rs

i see your point but its different I'm a football player so I can appreciate football matches far more than a common person with no knowledge of the game whatsoever. the people that notice many things are pretty the same much as me at football i mean seriously when I was young football matches bored the hell out of me and in a way it still bores me til now I'd rather watch Highlight shows but if there's nothing really good on TV I watch football and appreciate tactics, skill, build up and etc but a normal person would just go "it takes too long to score" *snooze* [change channel]

in my opinion what i stated is the view of most casual viewers

14. its all about strategy in football, like do you pass or run on 3rd and 4?
    can he make that 45 yarder?
    can that tackle hold that linebacker?
    did someone miss their tackle?

15. gameace99

gameace99 Active Member

i used to play baseball, and i think it is more fun to play than hockey, but hockey is more fun to watch. ;D

16. sla03rs

REAL Football :| not the fake football

17. jesus, real football "soccer" is so slow, you could take a nap while its at the other end

18. Loonylion

No when it's played properly it isn't

19. sla03rs

same sentiments I have for baseball

20. baseball is meant to play slow, because of inning changes, manager choices, batting order, the pitcher.
    but if you look away for 10-20 seconds, you could miss something