1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Banned PSN player sues Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo

Discussion in 'General News' started by Reider, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reider

Reider Modereider

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/20/banned-psn-player-sues-nintendo-and-microsoft/

Calling "First Amendment" violation doesn't work with these sorts of things FYI.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

hes going to lose a hell of a lot of money before he realises that he actually has no recourse.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This guy is a joke.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Teehee, none of these things will stand up in court.

Even PSN has a online agreement you have to accept to play online, and it says that they can ban you for any reason.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Online agreements won't hold up against actual law violations.

But in this case, no laws are being violated, and first amendment issues rarely apply to private organizations. (Like the Judge in the first two actions said).

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

XD this guy is an idiot.

Suing Microsoft because of the RROD, tons of people gets those, Microsoft knows it's their fault and they're fixing it for free. It only takes a few weeks to send it out and get it back. This guy is like the Jack Thompson of suing people, a huge joke.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

people have tried to sue M$ over RRODs before (although they had a stronger case as they were arguing the product was not fit for purpose). Micro$oft's response was simply to refuse to fix their 360s and withold them.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Nintendo and sony have a right to block him for his comments and or unofficial software installation.

But...what if he won...

That would make me laugh XD

9. Trancechaotic

Trancechaotic Active Member

News like this makes me wish we could bludgeon to death all the tards that waste our tax money supporting the judicial system.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Watch your choice of words.

The legal system is useful if used correctly, why I can dob in litter bugs now so it makes my job easier :)

Plus it's fun...

And it's designed to protect people and propoerty, sure rom's are illegal if downloaded...but otherwise it has purposes.

11. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

When I reached this part I think he needs to get a life,a girlfriend maybe.
    I wonder why he even bother fighting this losing(probably) battle..?

12. [Game|Freak]

[Game|Freak] Well-Known Member

This is just plain sad and ridiculously crazy.

13. Trancechaotic

It may be useful at times (and it definitely is), but more times than not it's used to humor the the ridiculousness morons spout out. At least two-thirds of cases could easily be thrown out (common sense people, friggin USE it) except for the fact that people seek to abuse their rights and waste Americans' time/money.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

At least it's being used...it's piss weak in australia...

And we do have the odd moron do stuff like this...and win.

Judges make me puke here :(

15. Trancechaotic

Agree with the wish to puke.

I'm glad people (supposedly) know their rights, but EVERY case, no matter how retarded, has been given serious thought by the people we pay the salaries of. It's absurd! Too much time/ money is wasted. No one can deny this, if they do, look up the multitude of court cases that have lasted decades and continue today, based on pure gibberish.

Whatever I suppose, I'm happy enough that I can still game and not be slapped in the face by a parental government.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

(watch the retard word-I have a background with these sorts)

They have it easy here, you can claim a pansion if you fake injuries and crap like that...

I was on it for awhile with my school background.

I could have stayed on it, unchecked if i didn't ant more money.

17. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

lol, i guess he didnt know there is such thing as ToS......

18. Trancechaotic

I will scrap that word from my forum dictionary, my apologies to any offended.

The fact that governments would DARE to waste time/money on videogame legislation is unforgivable. It's a gross abuse of power and something I feel should be taken action against.

19. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

As ridiculous as some lawsuits are, it's the responsibility of judges and jurors to examine them professionally as they would any other case.

20. Irili

Irili Active Member

It makes me sad that a lawyer thinks he's going to make money out of this...
    Has this been thrown out of court yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.