1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bad micro sd cards or ???

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by webcon, Aug 25, 2010.

1. webcon

webcon New Member

This has happened a couple of times on different micro cards.

I have a brand new kingston 8 gig micro sd card and a r4 sd hc card. I have 3 kids with the exact same set up. SAME R4 AND MICRO SD CARDS SAME MODELS. I copy one card (that works) and paste it on to another card. It usually works but sometimes instead of 141 games it will only show 26 games or some other number when using the DS. I can see all of them on my computer but when I put it in the ds it shows a lessor amount. I reformat it and try it again but it still shows a lesser amount than what is on the card. I know it's not the R4 card. The original micro disk works in the other cards. Am I just having bad luck with the micro cards or is it something else?????? I have tried to copy from other micro sd cards with the same results. frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU CAN HELP
    YES THE SOFTWARE IS UP TO DATE

2. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I only know R4 max limit is 2GB ;D I am not sure abuott the R4 SDHC ;D

3. webcon

webcon New Member

Most of the 8 gig cards work great but out of the 14 cards I have used I probably have 5 bad ones. I just loaded a new card (had an extra one) and it loaded a 139 games out of 141. It did however have 4 funny directories at the beginging of the game file. Looks like funky Chinese/Japanese scribble. I ran Mcafee virus and spyware doctor and it didn't detect anything.

4. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Then it must be a bad card

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

for some reason, this happens to many r4 sdhc. for some reason, the card gets corrupt after reaching 4gb. your best choice is to use a 4gb card. that fixed my problem, atleast

6. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

14 jeez do you have an addiction to sd cards

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Active KillDisk Hard Drive Eraser V5.0 + Serial

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s1pok8nhkb4faig

This program will compleatly Erase any SD chip are MicroSD chip , USB Storage device are a Hard drive , Where you can "not" even recover any formatted data

With this program be sure to select the Correct letter removable drive your microSD chip is using and check model on description and size of microSD chip , Select Kill and type in erase-all-data , wait untill done , then unplug it and replug in your microSD chip and do a quick format - are a full format if you wish

Your microsd chip should be as good as new, as any corruption will be gone + formatted data

"(Note)" Be carfull if you erase a Slave hard drive , You will need a program to make a new partition, Partition Wizard will do the job

http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

8. webcon

webcon New Member

Thanks for all the info. I'll try to clean the disks and see if they work.

14 sounds like a lot but I have 3 kids and 9 nephews.

Post Merge: [time]1282867755[/time]
    what is the funny chinese/ japanese symbols that I see in the directery. Not in all my cards just a couple. Ran the spyware and virus and they didn't detect anything. I dont see it on my computer just on the ds. It will show up in the game file on top of the list of games. any ideas??

Thanks

9. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Have you tryed enableing all hidden files and folders, mabe they is somthink in the folder thats hidden

Conrtol panel - Folder options - view - hidden files and folders- show hidden file - disable both hide - apply

you can always defalt and restore later and apply it!

If this is not what im thinking off please upload an image if possible