1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AVG FAKE ANTI VIRUS OR REAL?

Discussion in 'General News' started by mrsmes, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

Well it crashed my laptop last 2 years ago.
    first came the taking hours too run even the scan was f****ed up. so i shut down my pc, got the blue screen of death and after fixing it, it would take 3 hours to boot up. Or was it zone alarm that did this to my pc? it's just as bad as malware alarm and yes dare i say it spysherriff.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

never heard of avg crashing a computer. Or zone alarm for that matter.

3. koushik

koushik Active Member

its happened a lot of times specially with avg and zone alarm specially on older systems and windows xp
    avg its has so many modules running that it hangs up the system sometimes causing its scanning takes forever to complete
    zone alarm firewall almost blocked everything could not even browse for google i just thrashed both and switched to eset nod 32 which quick and easy on older systems

4. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

My scans would finish, but it gave me trojans and I kept getting the BSoD.. I deleted it but the trojans stayed.. :/

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

been using AVG since i can remember, no problem so far.

6. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Use Avast! It got free fire wall, the 5 shields, anti virus and fast scan

7. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Avast is best anti virus program for me!

8. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

It's a network shield, not a firewall. The network shield scans incoming data for threats. But it doesnt block unwanted connections.

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Yes, same here.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I guess the topic starter had an older computer, as since AVG launched version 9.0 many older speced computer owners I know have complained about the AV eating up vast amounts of resources.

11. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I use the premium one for your information and not the free version.

12. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Avg is one of if not the best free antivirus software. It finds stuff Norton doesnt.

13. Loonylion

norton finds very little.

14. Cool3456beaty

Cool3456beaty Well-Known Member

i used to have norton but then i got Avg It's not that bad.

15. Loonylion

norton is a joke antivirus. It finds barely any virii, half the ones it does find it cant do anything about and the AV itself behaves like a virus (resource hogging and very hard to remove).

16. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

AVG is stupid and to think it would come up with there own use of money and time well spent. I use PANDA antivirus software and this stuff is alright. The only donwside to these softwares is the fact that they come out newer viruses are created in response so really what is the use. Hackers are the virus creator themselves and the antivirus software are made by theses suckers, who choose to work rather than do community service. If I was a hacker I'd rather do work.

17. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems with AVG and I've been using it for years...

18. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

I have AVG on my computer and i have never had any problems with it. Right now i'm using my laptop with Sophos Antvirus which is quite good.

19. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

MSE is about the top free AV and KIS is about the top paid for security suite.

A lot of security experts I know like Avast,but that didnt intercept files from my free tomtom map kit,but KIS did.......

And whats this thread got to do with World News LOL

20. Jayne Locke

Jayne Locke Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.