1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by insanecrazy07, Jul 21, 2008.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Does anybody here watch the series?

I think they could've made it last longer if they released a new episode every friday and stick to that instead of releasing 6 episodes all at once.
    I think they also set themselves up for a short run because of the plot. There is really nothing after season 3.

I thought many of the episodes were "filler" looking at the plot as a whole and some of the episodes didn't show progress.

I liked this series because of the elemental ideas, masters, secret societies, plot twists, and character development.
    I liked the idea of each nation wearing their own colors, like power rangers.

I also liked their drawing style, it wasn't anime, but it sort of was.

The only thing I could think of during the last battle was: power level...over 9000.
    lol

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Played the game on PS2, amusing. Watched a episode once on Channel 3, sort of gay. The bald monk kid annoys me.

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I have seen this many times, but still not interested. This originally used to come on Nicklodeon :p.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

It's an awesome show o.o

5. kanwarrulz_123

Yah, there is like a war between thee powers of the world - Air, Water and Fire being the eviliest one.

6. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

What Vincent said, and more:Avatar is an awesome name itself :)

7. kanwarrulz_123

I like that boys haircut if he has hair...

8. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Ah I finished watching the entire season 3 of avatar and perhaps the final finale. It was awesome, too bad it had some cliff hangers as well like what happened to Azula after that and did Zuko find his mother and so on.

9. insanecrazy07

yeah they did leave cliffhangers so i was confused if the finale was really the end.

they did screw themselves on limiting it to 3 seasons...

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I love avatar, but i dont really like the game.....anyway, my local tv showing book 2: earth, re-run....i cant wait to watch book 3: fire.

11. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

Being Aired In Nickelodeon, i think it's supposed to target kids. although, it seems to attract older audiences too (my dad just bought the whole three seasons. he's just obsessed, and he's 43)

12. kanwarrulz_123

Yah, it has quite a adultish look.

13. insanecrazy07

they've been showing reruns all year, and never in order.

book 3 is done so if you want to watch it, you will have to either buy the DVDs or download a torrent of it since they aren't going to replay book 3 in order.

14. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I liked the series, and the finale last friday was okay. But I hated the games, they were horrible

15. insanecrazy07

the games were made by viacom.

enough said.

16. Woolie1994

Woolie1994 Well-Known Member

I frea... really loved Avatar im kinda sad it ended i just became very good and than *BOOF* it ends in a fu... pooped way...

and the games are sooooo fu... horrible

17. Super Mario

Super Mario New Member

I caught an ep of it on Nickolodeon just got books 1-3, I'll watch them when I can find some free time. So far it looks interesting.

18. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

that's why my dad bought the whole three seasons. reruns maybe gives the kids pleasure, but it doesn't mean anything for adults

19. insanecrazy07

yeah it is pointless to watch them out of order.

20. ZeroTruths

ZeroTruths New Member

Avatar put simply: A storyline meant for tweens with characters meant for the smaller ones.

And yeah, it did feel like it ended way too quickly.
    It had a lot more potential than was milked out of it, but I suppose that's one of the things that makes it great.
    It wasn't overused and ran til it was bone dry.