1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Auto name/word censor?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mds64, Nov 7, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As I seen, a few user's let their language run free, or the VERY rare sweat just flies out, normally I don't mind, but the thing is...

Is this not a pg13 forum that may also get viewed by kids under that age or better yet parents who get offended easily (they are looking for games and tech support in most cases).

So prehaps way to turn F*** into a reality (I seen a few forums have a function, they just cover up one letter with * )

And also as I seen I have seena few offensive user names, sure some might have meaning like "F***yourbeauty" but a name like "d*ckscote" is not only asking for trouble, but his post (well only one I seen) kinda explain my concern...

Prehaps have a filter that blocks out certain words in the name creation and prehaps it to display the offending word, so the user can re-think about their choice of words without going "wth I didn't put anything in bad" if they don't realise.

Sorry if this is annoying, and pointless, I just woke up you see :(

PS-I know we have mods but it saves prehaps the admins some time if it's just a user name that if offencive, I know very rarely the mods or even admin (in some of my topic reads...yes I do read the irc memories and go back a few pages :) )but prehaps it might make things easier on those who dislike it and prehaps might reduce the workload for people who abuse their choice of words...

(No idea about elongatedwords but if we can stop "SH*T" being thrown about it might help us :) )

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we have a swear filter but we dont use it because its not good for forum performance. If there are problems with users names or comments then report them to the staff team.