1. This forum is in read-only mode.

australian roms?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by beaver270, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaver270

beaver270 Member

do the us/europe roms work for australian DSi?
    if not where can i find some that will

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I havn't got a DSi, but I am Australian...and we use Europe roms. So give them a try.

I'm sure US roms would also work.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

DSi is only region locked for DSi specific games

4. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

:|
    WHAT?
    DSi HAS A REGION LOCK?
    Oh for Christ's sake, Nintendo, WAKE THE FUDGE UP!

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

That will make game release production a little slower being region-locked...

6. beaver270

beaver270 Member

so ill only be able to use pre dsi roms due to the region lock?

7. Loonylion

pre-DSi and DSi from your region. Not that any DSi roms can be played yet.

8. beaver270

beaver270 Member

ive never even seen an australian region rom for download lawl

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They have the (A).

10. beaver270

beaver270 Member

there arnt any ...
    is there any way of filtering out the DSi games? or do i just have to see when they were released n go from there

11. Loonylion

there arent any DSi roms yet.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I stopped reading when someone read the dsi is region locked...

Look-the downloadable dsi-shop games are locked-not the game carts (or the roms) BUT I have heard that prehaps...with the right stuff, those dsi-downloadables can be played...

BTW, I live in aus too dude (sick of using "mate" XD) and for a fact, all of our games are E for euro, so if you find them, give it a shot, if it's a rom, your fine, if it's from the dsi shop...

Well no matter what country your in, your only gonna get aussie dsi shop games XD (which are essientially euro/england games, cart and shop roms)

I do suggest for now sticking to the normal ds cart roms though...the dsi shop games are...kinda shallow, until they release gb games, I see no point bothing with dsi-exclusive roms, if they are indeed available to rom and download...not that I would bother, ONE acekard is enough, and it's not dsi compatible.

PS I heard there was (dsi shop roms), but haven't confirmed it myself, but won't bother after the games I LEGALLY downloaded turned out to get stale quite fast.

As for dsi only cart roms, not even a single dsi only game has been made...yet.

13. beaver270

beaver270 Member

im going to korea and US next week. would DS games i buy there work in my aussie DSi?

14. Loonylion

DS games will yes.

DSi specific game carts WILL be region locked. DS games are not. DSiware has a different sort of lock that prevents it running on a unit other than the one that downloaded it.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...there is a strong possibilty of you being correct, though we have yet to see them to test, my guess for the dsi carts is they run just the same as normal carts, just...for the dsi.

We will just have to wait and see, I kinda hope they ain't region locked...might start actually buying import dsi games XD

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

He is correct; no current way to use the software extracted on any console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.