1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Australia demands Pop-Tarts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tehuber1337, Aug 19, 2009.

1. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

The good citizens of this mighty nation have been deprived of the glory that is the Kellogg's Pop-Tart for far too long now. Since 2005, we have been patiently waiting for this most desirable of delicacies to return to our shores, but there is no end to our vigil in sight. This grievous injustice is an outrage against we who have not so much as seen a Pop-Tart in stores for four years.

However, there is hope yet! You can do your part in returning this wondrous item to our devoted stomachs. Sign this petition and fight the oppressive capitalist regime that is the Kellogg Company!

http://www.gopetition.com.au/petitions/pop-tarts-australia.html

Do the right thing. Australia needs you.

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

LISTEN TO THIS MAN. IF THE CONVICTS GET THEM, WE WILL TOO.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

australia was basically a large prison colony back when britan first settled...

That said-I think they stopped selling these is because of the insane amount of sugar content and the fact that we aussie's would complain if we got hurt by food (yes they do burn when ot of a toaster-must have been a few "dumb" lawsuits)

But none the less-I f***ING MISS THEM!

(signs)

4. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

What the hell are Pop-Tarts?

5. tehuber1337

You poor, sheltered soul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_Tart

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You must have been a tot when they were still here...

AND I AM THE SHELTERED SOUL!

...anyway-they are nice-you COULD import them but...better if we bought them locally :)

7. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Hmm, they sound yummy.
    I'll sign the petition :D

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we don't have them in the UK either.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

OH THE PAIN OF IT ALL!

...why don't you start one kind sir-I'd sign for ya :)

10. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I think i tasted one of those, and they are really delicious but ultra sweet. Maybe Austalia wants its people not to be diabetic and fat? But the humanity, its not communism, its capitalism, they should bring back those sugary treats back to your shores if the majority craves for it.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the toungue burns!

Seriously-I ahd second degree burns-and because I wasn't the brightest kid on the block it was a constant problem :(

But I will always love them-when we got the occasional import I taught my little brother about them-he takes great care with them :)

(also-VERY expensive, might have just slowed in sales)

12. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I love pop-tarts... kinda funny how I just happen to be eating one (it's morning here in the US) as I log on and see this thread about no pop-tarts in Australia or UK... I'll sign the petition just because I feel sorry for all you guys missing out on these sweet little pastries

they are only a few dollars for a box of 12 here.... possibly because the factory is in the country...

13. tehuber1337

Wikipedia says you do.
    Unfortunately, three and a half thousand people is not even close to being the majority of Australia's population.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Possible-they were quite a bit back in the day-or so my parents nagged about it.

And there wasn't much in the box-enough for 2 breakfast serves (if you content with 2 tarts a morning-I ate 5 a day back then)

If they bring them back prehaps alter the health value a tad-less sugar.

And add more in a box.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Never seen them outside of america.

16. timmy1991

The chocolate one's are the best! now there are some weird flavors like strawberry milkshake and smores.... I could pass on those two...

on an unrelated note... Geoserik banned after 16 posts?

17. tehuber1337

Geoserik == Girogex.

Anyway, this thread is serious business. Sigh the petition and troll elsewhere, kthx.

18. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Just read about Pop-Tarts...

So I can sign even if I'm not Australian?

EDIT: The petition's from 2007?

19. timmy1991

oh right, heard about him before...

I'll sign the petition now...

20. tehuber1337

Hell yes.