1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Audio problems with Simpsons Game on DSi.

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by MarcoAssia, Feb 27, 2010.

1. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

I have a strange problem with The Simpsons game. I play on my DSi with AceKard 2i.
    I have audio problems. Some voices are out of synchronous or totally mute. How can I fix it? I play in Italian.
    I donwloaded the rom here, the Euro version.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It could be a poor dub when they made the Italian voices. Or your firmware is outdated.

3. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

I have latest firmware and in many reviews, no one says bad about the dub.

4. TirithRR

If you play it in English, does the audio still appear out of sync?

5. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

In the english rom the audio is good. Maybe the italian rom is bad.

6. TirithRR

It could just be that the Italian dub was done poorly. I somehow can't imagine many reviewers going through and testing the quality of the audio on every language available in the Multi-language games. Maybe some do, but most would probably just play it in English. The larger game reviewers tend to be English speakers, at least from what I've seen. Of course since I'm an English speaker my experience on the Internet is mostly English sites.

So the English audio on the (E) rom is Ok? But the Italian on the (E) rom has sync issues and missing audio?

7. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

No, Italian audio is on the Italian version of the game/rom. (E) version has only English, then there are various versions for French, Spanish, Italian and Deutsch. Every country has their proper version.

8. TirithRR

Really? Where are you getting this Italian version?
    https://www.romulation.org/downloads/search/NDS/Simpsons/

Just curious. (Don't post a link here if it's from another site, PM me).

9. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

ahahah man, just write Simpson, without the final S. Because plural is with final S only in english XD
    https://www.romulation.org/downloads/search/NDS/simpson/

10. TirithRR

Well, I played it on NO$GBA and it seemed to work fine. The voice overs during the level play seemed kind of random, and played for a while. I assumed they were triggered by events and items I picked up.

After the first level, when Homer was yelling, the voice seemed to fit the actions.

If you play it on No$GBA, does the voices still act up?

11. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

I remember that also on emu I had problems. Try the cutscene with Bart and Marge speak about a game, after there is a scene with Bart alone in an alley and a game that fall down from the sky. Here, the voice of Bart is almost all mute and also when He speak with Homer.