1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[ASK] load errcode=-5.. Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by randyfitradi, Dec 27, 2012.

1. randyfitradi

randyfitradi New Member

I just downloaded Pokemon Black 2, when i run it in my nds, it can't complete its loading, after that there's a warning said "load rom errcode=-5", i know there's same topic posted, but i dont understand , thanks

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

State the full name of the cart as what is written on the sticker, official website, what is the currently in use firmware in the cart, which NDS are you using? NDSL/DSi/3DS?

Make sure your downloading is completed properly first, and error -5 is related to the cart's firmware being out of date.

In any case, try see in the FLASH CART SECTION, there's a topic for YSMENU/TTMENU, read the compatibility listed there. See if your cart's name and official website is stated in it. If yes, back up your SD MICRO content to your computer, follow the installation instruction provided, and add the stated folder to use.

3. randyfitradi

randyfitradi New Member

i used R4I sdhc, nintendo ds lite, www.R4i-SDHC.com

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If that's the case,

1. Read this topic, and download RGF's Multicart v.6.96 package and unpack it: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0
    2. Back up the entire content of your SD Micro to a folder in your computer
    3. Format the SD MICRO and re-insert the backed up files to the card (still keep a back up in your computer for safety)
    4. Add the entire folder named "Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu folder" from the package
    5. Now run the cart on the console, this time load TTMENU.NDS first, after that load the pkmgame.nds rom

In the event you did something wrong, you can always revert back to your old files because you had backed up the original in your computer.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Can be cause for a few resions.

Code:
    errcode=-5 : Caused by not having the required loading data for that particular DSi-Enhanced game in infolib and also caused by not having the latest ttpatch.dat/r4patch.dat/m3patch.dat in the TTMenu folder (file depends on which cart you are using).

Are a good format of microSD chip .