1. This forum is in read-only mode.

asdasda

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Canoso777, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Canoso777

Canoso777 Well-Known Member

asdasda

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Re: Whats Up with Professor Layton!?

Whenever and if they ever feel like it I guess.

3. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

The Japanese deserve to have their moment(s) of glory for making such epic games.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I'm sorry but they've had that privilege for decades now :p

And there are actually several reasons for being so:

1. Acquiring the license for licensedcharacters used in a game - most evident in the Super Robot Taisen franchise.

2. Fear of the western branch of a game development company that a certain Japanese game concept might not sell in the west (which obviously isn't 100% true :p)

3. The difficulty to localize certain aspects of Japanese culture present in a game.

4. Certain Japanese games play into religious tones, which in the west is something they don't want to be in a game.

5. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

the delay might have something to do with that really really big game lvl5 is making.. can't remember what its called but if i remember correctly it was somewhat of an online community mmo type game for the ds?

6. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the other 3 games too...Mainly, the last time travel, the specter's flute and the eternal diva. I guess translating takes a long time for them and they don't feel that the western side appreciates their games like how the Japanese would. And yes, they're probably busy with bigger projects.

But in any case, the Layton team and their games rocks! Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva was an awesome movie and I can't wait for all the games to come out! (If they ever do)