1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Art Academy rom issue

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Wundy, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Wundy

Wundy New Member

Dear RomUlation Community,

I have acquired a my new R4 card for my 3DS since yesterday and I'm already running into an issue.
    My girlfriend is dying to play Art Academy but the rom doesn't seem to be working.

I have found numerous people complaining about the same issue but alas, the solutions aren't working for me.

The issue:
    Art academy tends to freeze whenever it needs to save and when it moves on to a new tutorial, the game freezes.

The setup:
    I have an R4i RTS Lite silver card, with a 8GB microSD card, formatted using panasonicSDFormatter.
    The 3DS is still running V2.2
    The firmware on the card has been updated to use v1.4.3 / 3DS V3.0.0
    This has been done using the SDHC_Code_Updater.nds

The kernel that I am using is the following one:
    http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_silver/
    I presume that this is simply an original R4 kernel but I can't really find a confirmation for this.

A solution that has been suggested to use Wood R4 kernel V1.11, which I did. The latest version however. I couldn't find the V1.11 on the site.
    Alas, this didn't provide a solution. The screen freezes at Processing, please wait.
    I have the same issue when I'm trying to run Professor layton and pandora's box. This game runs instantly on the first firmware but is also stuck on processing with the R4 Wood kernel.

Does anyone have any ideas that I can try to do?

Cheers!

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

It's not your firmware, the ROM it's self has AP stands for Anti piracy , You just need to find a patched ROM :)

This ROM RGF patcher tool may have your rom with-in to patch

http://filetrip.net/f25536-RetroGameFan-DS-Scene-Rom-Tool-v1-0-build-1205.html

3. Wundy

Wundy New Member

Hey Jhon 591,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I suspect that is going to be a handy tool in the future as well.

I have ran the ROM through it and I am seeing some improvements.
    However, the rom keeps freezing like it did before.
    I'm suspecting the AP still has some effect.

Alas, I suspect that there is no other option.
    Thanks for the help! :)

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

@Wundy

No problem, May i ask what version of the rom you are using (USA) - (EUR) est ?, Then i know what patch is best.

This is a simpler patcher if you wish to try it on the ROM

https://sites.google.com/site/dicaztia/Dicastia_AP_Patch_v0.2.zip?attredirects=0

It just not many get the hang of the RGF patcher tool.

5. dh4m13l

dh4m13l New Member

The same is happening to me!!!! And I have exactly the same card. I'm going to try this patches, I hope the links are not broken...? and I'll keep you updated. By the way, I WASN'T EVEN ABLE TO MAKE WOOD OR YSMENU WORK. They say this game works with YSMenu...

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

of course not, most R4 clones/fakes can't run either. I don't know about ysmenu, but theres only about 3 R4 variants other than the original that wood runs on.