1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Arm7 & arm9???

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by piggyman, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piggyman

piggyman Well-Known Member

Hello,

I need help. It's about the arm7 & arm9 things.
    First of all: -What are they?
    - Are they downloadable or what?
    - If you have them, what are you supposed to do with them?
    - How do you get games that neded them in order to work, to actually work if you have them?

Please reply and thanks,

Piggy.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The ARM7 and ARM9 files are files packed inside the ROM itself. They are what make the ROM work, pretty much. I believe it tells the ROM how to work with the two different processors inside the Nintendo DS.

Every game has them. When you do an ARM7 or ARM9 patch to a game, what you do is take the ARM7 or ARM9 file from a ROM that works on your card, and replace the ARM file in the game you cannot make work. So the game that didn't work, now uses an ARM file that works with your card.

They make programs, like DSLazy, which can unpack the contents of a ROM, then repack them. While it's unpacked you replace the ARM file, then repack it.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, newer ROMs tend to have newer ARM binaries that have been updated in the Nintendo Nitro SDK, which is why you would receive saving errors etc. And the binaries have bus information which the Nitro processor uses with the two CPUs.

4. piggyman

piggyman Well-Known Member

Thanks!!!

5. joemicallef

joemicallef Member

do you have to download arm7 and arm9 from a website

6. anandjones

No. You get them from the unpacked contents of a ROM.

7. joemicallef

joemicallef Member

can you go through what you have to do like step by step please i most appreciate it

8. joemicallef

joemicallef Member

pretty please

9. anandjones

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 There was no need for the second post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.