1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Arm 7 help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jimhall7, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimhall7

jimhall7 Member

sorry i this is not the right place to post... damed if i can find a board to ask it on..
    can anyone shead light on how i go about getting the arm7 for the R4 v2 ... got a child desperate to play club penguin but it seems from the comments we need this arm 7 .
    any help will be gratfully recieved.
    many thanks

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Arm 7 Injector from omgrofl (google).

3. jimhall7

jimhall7 Member

thanks found one that but cant seem to get it to work for some reason..followed to the dot.. thanks anyway!

4. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

Use DSLazy instead. It's a little more complicated than the arm7 Injector, but you have more control over it, so it leads to less chance of error.

Here's the link to the download:

http://dev-scene.com/NDS/Dslazy

Here's a basic walkthrough on how to install it and use it:

1. After downloading the .zip file, extract it all into one folder on your desktop (Do not remove anything from that folder, this is important).

2. Open the dslazy folder and click on the dslazy icon to run the program (it looks like an old school DS Phat).

3. When the program opens, click on the "..." button to the left of the search bar and use the explorer window to find a DS game that you know saves properly. Select this game.

4. Once selected, press the button that says " NDS Unpack".

5. When the game is unpacked, a folder will open showing the contents of the game file. In this folder, you will see a file called "arm7.bin". Copy this file and paste it to your desktop for the time being. Then close dslazy and any other folders still left open from this first use. This resets the program so that you can use it again without error.

6. Reopen dslazy and follow steps 2-4 again, but this time, select the game that is giving you save trouble (in this case, Club Penguin).

7. Once unpacked, copy the arm7.bin file that you just put on your desktop, and paste it into the folder that contains the contents of your Club Penguin ROM. When it prompts you, tell it to replace the original.

8. Press the button that says NDS Packer. It will give you a save prompt. Save the new file to your desktop as "[typewhatevernameyouwantotusehere].nds".

Once you've done this, your new ROM will be on your desktop ready to be dragged and dropped onto your R4 card like any other game. You should put that good arm7.bin file that you copied to your desktop somewhere for safe keeping. This won't be the last time you will have to go through this process, and if you have a good, uncorrupted arm7 file, you can cut out step 5.

5. loriphilly

loriphilly New Member

Re: Arm 7 help TO FIX CLUB PENGUIN !!

WOW thank you pugmalion for taking the time to type that all out
    It is greek to me, so I will reread it in the morning after lotsa caffiene, with fresh brain cells :eek:

6. loriphilly

loriphilly New Member

ok problem at step #1
    went to that link..

"There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.
    Retrieved from "http://dev-scene.com/Nds/dslazy"

7. anandjones

Try the link again.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's Case-Sensitive. You need to use http://dev-scene.com/NDS/Dslazy not http://dev-scene.com/Nds/dslazy

9. pugmalion1

What he said.

Click the link in my original post. Don't type the link into the address bar. You could also Google DSLazy if you're still having trouble. Should be one of the first links to pop up

10. coconutking

coconutking New Member

Doesnt work. GTA Chinatown still playing up.... u_u

11. anandjones

Follow the stickied topic :)

12. piggyman

piggyman Well-Known Member

Help me please! when try to click on the dslazy icon I get this message: The application failed to initilize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Can anyone please help me??

13. TirithRR

I think DSLazy requires Microsoft's .NET framework to be installed.

You can get it from Microsoft's website, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6

14. piggyman

If I download this Microsoft .NET, then what am I supposed to do?

15. TirithRR

You need to install it. Then run DSLazy.

16. piggyman

I'm still having some minor problems. When I want to select a ROM, I cant see one nowhere. I made a folder only for my ROMs, but when I want to select one, the folder looks empty. I've checked on my desktop too, but there was no ROM there. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks,
    Piggy

17. anandjones

It works fine. Load dslazy GUI, click the little button with ... in the top left hand corner.

18. piggyman

It works almost fine now, thanks everyone. When I try to start the game on my r4, both screens turn blank. I've read the common isseus but I didn't see it there.
    Can anyone help me?

Piggy

19. pugmalion1

The game you're trying to play wouldn't happen to be Star Wars Jedi Alliance, would it?

20. piggyman

No, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals Echoes of Time. And by the way i have GTA now! THANKS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.