1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are you left-handed or right-handed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by forte_amirul, Jun 13, 2009.

?

Are you writing using..

1. My left hand.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. My right hand.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Using my butt.(I'm indeed a different one.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. With my leg.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I can use both my hand.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Well,just want to see how many are right-handed or left-handed people .

What is the difference though,I don't see different except sometimes for right-handed is hard to use left-handed,(many my friends are right-handed) and e.t.c.

And what is the advantages of it.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The world is predominantly right handed. So being right handed is easier in the long run.

Being right handed means your hand does not smudge your writing as you are writing a language that goes Left to Right, Up to Down (English, Japanese, German, etc.)
    Being right handed means you don't have to buy special made stuff for left handed people.

3. forte_amirul

Finding a left-handed one is very rare.

4. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

not really at school my two seatmates are left handed i dont know about the whole class

5. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

I am right-handed
    people who are left-handed develop the right part of the brain, which is the artistic one I think
    and right-handed develop the left part of the brain which is the logic thinking one
    I'm not sure I think we talked about it at school but I might have been day-dreaming :p

6. forte_amirul

Well in my school finding a left-handed person is very rare which I'm one of it.So,I'm in extinction?

7. c740

c740 Well-Known Member

what if their cross-dominant?

8. AznBoy222

AznBoy222 New Member

I'm kind of ambidextrous, I right with my RIGHT hand, but i do other things, like throw a ball with my left hand. I don't know why but it feels more comfortable.

9. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

well they develop both?

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I type with both hands, but I'm right handed. One of my best friends at school was left handed, or so we thought; when he was 18 he complained to our chemistry teacher in a lesson about his right hand moving while he was writing. After watching for a bit, she declared that he is ambidextrous (= neither right nor left handed, can use both interchangeably), and to prove it she had him write the next page of work with his right hand. While with his left hand his writing was neater, with his right hand it was perfectly readable and not untidy at all. She said the movement was his right hand trying to write at the same time as his left.

11. forte_amirul

Maybe.To find out whether you're left-handed or right-handed see which you use more.For me,I use both equally.If my left hand tired,I'll use right and so on.

Indeed,that is special too.

12. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

I am right handed , its a custom in Arabian countries like Kuwait to use the right hand for most of the stuff

13. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Am I the first lefty?? Oh well I knew that there arnt alot (10% of the world) of use here. We just think differently than the norm since we use the other side of the brain....

14. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i'm right handed but there's things that only my left hand can do. my mom can use both though.

15. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I am ambidextrous, right hand is really neat, left is not too shabby.

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The left hand is still considered dirty in many cultures. Since it's used to clean yourself after... uh... ya.

Even in cultures where that dirtiness has disappeared (like in the West), the history and tradition is still there. That's why people shake with their right hands, it's why even in the days of proper sanitation, toilet paper, and bidets the right hand is still dominant in the world.

17. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

18. forte_amirul

Not only you.Me too a left-handed.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I was taught to shake hands with the left, because its the shield arm, so when you shake hands your shield protects your body and your sword hand is ready to draw.

20. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

I'm also a lefty but I find no problem using my right hand for other tasks.