1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are there smart AI softwares somewhere in the world

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by david23, Feb 5, 2009.

1. david23

david23 Well-Known Member

Cuz i think i mightve run in to one on msn and it's a really wierd one can't figure out if it's a program or human being

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

3. ThisIsTheUsername

ThisIsTheUsername Active Member

You can also pretend YOU are the AI :p

You:
    Code:
    "Hello, I am the Encarion 9000 experimental AI bot. My database is currently over 20 gigabytes big and growing. My creators Encartech put me here to learn more about human behavior. Ready. I can sing you a song. Do you want to hear it?"
    ;D

4. david23

david23 Well-Known Member

lawl it's a bit more complicated than that thx for the link btw never thought of using wiki:p

5. ThisIsTheUsername

If you succeed please post a copy-paste from MSN so we can too see the reactions :)

6. marcy

marcy Guest

7. Loonylion

there's loads of eliza variants, I wrote one in quickbasic years ago.

8. marcy

marcy Guest

I meant the first person who wrote it. :)

9. ThisIsTheUsername

Very good and interesting! It seems to me like it learns...

Me too :) It was dependent upon its database, it learned talker's name and saved it as a profile and when talker came back, it would recognize his name and load his profile so it seemed it "remembers" persons and things related to them. It was very limited tough.
    In theory, to build an true AI there would be required tremendous amount of input and constant processing so deep that it would seem infinite processing speed was required.

After all, it is said animals have no soul as humans do, and they are natural AI, yet without advanced reasoning capabilities. Maybe that's as far as it gets without that spiritual part...

btw to not accuse me of off topicing, here's the another link to famous chat AI you probably heard about: http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=f5d922d97e345aa1

10. Loonylion

Animal intelligence is not artificial, it's natural.

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Reminds me of that 20 question thing that almost always guessed what you were thinking about.