1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are there really any 3DS ROMs that can be downloaded here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by angusangus, Nov 9, 2013.

1. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

It seems that almost every thread I try, the links to ROMs/mirrors are dead or just bring up spam/betting sites etc?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

RomUlation does not provide any of the roms on our forum, they are not our responsibility and we cannot control them. However, any misleading links (i.e that go scam/betting sites instead of a download), feel free to report them and they will be removed.

3. angusangus

okay, thank you, I just thought that as there is a share/request section and then links within the threads, I presumed there would be ROMs at the 'end' of them.

cheers

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The links posted in this 3DS section are hosted by free file sharing sites, and uploaded by members. Thus if the links are dead, it's advisable to post info about 'dead links', to the OP or someone else could upload a new/fresh link to the said file. We don't host them here, maybe in future.

5. angusangus

It was most/all of them, but cheers

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they're the responsibility of the members creating the threads, not RomUlation.

7. angusangus

roger that!

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

You can download pokemon x & y from main site , but they cannot be played on gateway or r4i deluxe .

9. angusangus

Thanks Neon, but if they can't be played is there any point downloading it and also was there any point in the uploader dumping it?

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The dump can be used to work on the saving method. And sceners will dump everything they can.

11. angusangus

What is the 'saving' method?

And who are 'sceners'?

12. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The saving method is, well, a saving method that a few 3DS games are using.
    I don't know the ins and outs of it, but all I know is that it's complicated to bypass on a 3DS flashcard. Dumping a game with the new saving method allows the team (Gateway) to analyse the ROM and see what exploits and such they can use on it.

The sceners are the people who dump the game, the people who upload it to topsites and such.
    There's a pretty accurate Wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez_scene

13. angusangus

ok, thanks for the education ;)