1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are there any Drawbacks for my computor on no$gba

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kwiiman, Apr 2, 2010.

1. kwiiman

kwiiman Member

Hi, i just wanted to know if there are any drawbacks for my computor if i use no$gba. I just don't want to ruin my new netbook as i read something it needs a powerful computor. Thanks alot! :)

2. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

No draw backs from what I could tell, but I will share with you a small story I had happen to me.
    I was multi tasking by playing my No$gba and recording with camtasia and I kept messing up on no$gba with fail attempts at doing something cool, so I kept stopping camtasia and restarting No$gba and all of a sudden while also surfing on Internet explorer.. it crashed on me and restared by itself and was frozen and I was unable to close IE or surf anything.. and I restart my computer and my computer loads up with a black screen Error and a few white text saying that it was shutdown incorrectly and bla bla bla

so then I keep doing what I was doing and find out a that my IE randomly crashes now ever since that incident.

Anyway, no$gba works fine, but thats like my only experience I had that screwed with me.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

You only need a computer with a graphic card,
    Without it, you may get a slow gameplay, and some lag.

and download it from the trusted source.

4. kwiiman

kwiiman Member

Thanks everyone, just a bit worried. I got it from The Emulator Zone, heres the link. http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/nocashgba.html
    Is it a good site?

5. meganova

Yes, it is a trusted-reliable site.
    Alternatively, you can find the download link from here.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=1462.0

6. kwiiman

kwiiman Member

Thanks both of you, you have set my mind at a sort of ease.

7. kwiiman

kwiiman Member

Are there any Drawbacks for my computor on DeSmuME

Hi again, just wanted to make sure that the software was safe, downloaded it from official site, but wanted to know if it caused problems for my pc?
    Thanks again!

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Re: Are there any Drawbacks for my computor on DeSmuME

Well if it's from the official site should be safe.
    You need a good PC to use it smoothly though.

9. meganova

Re: Are there any Drawbacks for my computor on DeSmuME

Like Galih has said,
    It is safe if you download it from the main site.
    a good PC's is recommended, as well some tinkering to fix some graphic issue.