1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are the Pokemon black and white games region locked?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Nds Roms, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Nds Roms

Nds Roms Member

I know the japanese version is region locked but i heard the usa, europe and australian versions aren't. I found it here on page 12.
    (http://gbatemp.net/t281299-ds-dsi-0125-pokemon-black-version-europe?pid=3496191&st=165&#entry3496191)

Have any of you tried it? And yes i know the region lock will only apply to the dsi.

Usually i would download games, but this is one game i have got to have for real.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The DSi features should be region locked, but I wouldn't think the actual game would be. If it is, it would be the first of it's kind to be so (DSi Enhanced). No DSi Enhanced game has ever actually been region locked though, as I said, potentially the DSi features, but not the game itself. I mean, it could be an anomaly, but I just find it to be more than a little strange.

Either way, if you're going to buy the game, just buy the proper copy for your region. Then you don't have to worry about potential region lock.

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

The DSi Enhanced Features being basically... an Improved version of the 'webcam' chat in the Game... lol so yeah... just get the one for your region.