1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AR codes on R4 card

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by Meat6982, May 14, 2012.

1. Meat6982

Meat6982 Member

Hey everyone I just read on a website that there is a virtual keyboard that can be used to manually enter new codes on AR and I was wondering if it could be used with the r4 card and if so where can I find it

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

To edit the 'usrcheat.dat' or 'cheat.dat' inside the R4? Just search on the net and download a free program called 'R4CCE'.

3. Meat6982

Meat6982 Member

yeah I was wondering if thats possible without a pc? is that what r4cce is?

4. Prectorian

Has to be done via pc. More practical. I'm not even aware if there is any cheat code editor for use directly via the NDS. The few editor that I know are ones that run on PC.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I imagine the virtual keyboard thing is part of the firmware on an actual action replay cartridge

6. Meat6982

Meat6982 Member

ok well where can I download an upto date list for my r4

7. Prectorian

Download this program tool : http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-retrogamefan-ds-scene-rom-tool-v10-build-1205-f25536.html

Its from Retrogamefan and his team. Anyway, download it, extract using WinRAR/7Zip or whatever program you have, run the program, let it self update to the latest version. Once done, you should be able to understand what to do next. The program is a tool use for patching files and has the 'almost' up to date cheat database for NDS. You can use the tool to update your R4's cheat database for you or you can manually do so by locating the cheat file inside the 'data' folder.