1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AR codes are screwing up the item names in Strange Journey...

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by omgwut, Jun 22, 2011.

1. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

When I use AR on SMT: Strange Journey, healing items and base formas were fine, but half of the assist formas and the key items were screwed up. The only cheat that doesn't screw up my text is EXP multiplier. Everything else does. Anyone can help me out with this? And don't tell me to go on the gbatemp forums. My IP address got banned there.

2. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there isn't a fix, it is simply a side effect of using AR codes. Cheating in this manner involves modifying the values of memory addresses while the program is running, a dangerous procedure that can cause all kinds of unwanted side effects including corrupting saves and/or crashing the program.

4. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: This hasn't happened before when I first played it for the very first time (and I cheated because I'm a cheater). When I first had an R4, I had to depend on the patched rom to play it. Then when I started updating my R4, many things fell out of place and the game deleted my save file, making me start over. Then I tried playing over again, but I had my R4 and DS stolen at school :(. A year later my sister had a heart and bought me a korean silver DS and TTDS. The SD card was messed up so I bought a new one that's better and faster. When I tried playing Strange Journey again on my TTDS, the codes were screwing up the text. Now come to think of it, is it because of my flashcart that's doing it? Or maybe I have to use the patched rom to fix the text? I think I had this problem before when I still had my R4, but I forgot how I fixed it....

5. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

futile bump attempt.