1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Applying a patch onto ROMs using LunarIPS

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 8, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

A patch essentially is a piece of data you "apply" onto another piece of data or application, in this case a ROM image to add to it certain features like a translation, hence the term "patch"

[​IMG]

Now to use a patch, you need a patching tool or application like LunarIPS, which you can get here: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/240/

Once you download it onto your PC it would look like this:

[​IMG]

Now here's how you use it:

1. For this "demo" I'll use the NES ROM "Doraemon - Gigazombie no Gyakushuu (J).nes" you should probably know how to get ROMs yourself by now

[​IMG]

2. Start off by double clicking on LunarIPS to run it & you should get something like this:

[​IMG]

3. now click on apply IPS File, you should get something like this:

[​IMG]

4. select the patch file "Doraerpg" & hit ok, this screen should then appear:

[​IMG]

5. Now select the ROM file "Doraemon - Gigazombie no Gyakushuu (J).nes", hit ok & you're done!

[​IMG]

6. Now play the game in all its English glory Woohoo!

[​IMG]

7. To find patches for your games go to this site: http://www.romhacking.net/

***UPDATE***
    Finally fixed this Yay! ;D

Sorry for stickying this post, but could you guys move this topic to the tutorials section, I can't use the "report to moderator" option on the thread because it said "reporting your own post to a moderator doesn't make sense". Thanks in advance guys :)

August 16, 2011 UPDATE:

Great, all the photos have disappeared because of Friendster's move from a Social Networking site to a FlashGaming Portal :p

Sadly this also affects some of my other threads, name a few tutorials of which I was able to salvage thanks to Photobucket & my game reviews of whom sadly all traces of the necessary screenshots have benn lost :(

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

^You could have just jumped onto IRC :p Anyways, moved to Tutorials board :)