1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone wanna find me a ps3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mds64, Jan 29, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok, after the mess in the trading section (black_knight_666 isn't responding to my pm's, and the msn in the post is no longer used for some reason..)

I chose to look else where (but if black-knight_666 does ever get back to me-a second ps3 is always welcome).

I chose ebay and...well let's say the best one for me I let out of my grasp... *COUGH*WORK ON FINAL HOUR*COUGH*

I'd prefer a 120gb or at least an 80gb, PAL system (I don't want a nstc system...I have some PAL ps1 games to try ;D) and my buget range is $300 (If it's got a game and or it's a 250gb model, 350 or 370 I may be willing for).

Tried bid rivals (I can't be bothered buying bids...) and ebay so far I lucked out budget wise in bidding, and the few buy it now options, while good, have no feedback as a seller and only as buyer, which worries me...

Any advice, locations, anyone selling or just general ebay advice (should I trust a seller with 100% rating as buyer or just 6 items)?

And yes, while Australia is prefered, if it's within my budget of 300+ ($400 after postage and handling for just the console...no thanks) it'll be worth a look.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I like to sell my old PS3, since I have my eyes on the PS3 Slim, which has FFXIII on top of it... Limited one, I think...

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Got pay pal?

It won't be pal though...hrm...

Care to give a bit more info (and more importantly, what model is it?)

And still open to other suggestions-offers.
    Post Merge: [time]1264749907[/time]
    Wait-if Malaysia is Pal (according to wikidia) what region is the blue ray then?

or movies for that matter...Need to have it watch the aussie stuff...DVD's are region four, not sure about blue ray disc though...all my movies are all region so far.
    Post Merge: [time]1264750158[/time]
    Region B Aussie's are...Malaysia is B...

I do not want to risk conflict in movie regions :(

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i dont know what region is malaysia for blue ray. but the game is region 3.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I just checked.

It's not the games I'm worry about, it's the movie playback, Australia is region "B" and Malaysia is "A" so...while most movies are not region locked, It might still have issues for me :(

6. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

I think black_knight's ignoring you because his SUPER AWESOME ROMuMAG is in development.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Look at the post.

The dates indicate this happened long before the romU mag happened-heck just a few weeks ago they pm'd me back saying "I don't know why they aren't coming thru, but yes it's for sale".

Plus...If your watchign black_knight, I saw your email on the romU mag page, your email said something about "scott" yet who I spoke to on msn was "Kara" with pic and all.

2 people sharing the same account, with the guy not a clue prehaps...all I know is I kinda need answers...and the kara msn is not active anymore :(

8. meganova

My PS3 is 80GB,

I've just asked the shopkeeper about the movie playback between Malaysia and Australia,
    Looks like there will be some conflict with it, or so they say.

If that's the case, maybe I have to trade-in for the FFXIII PS3 Slim.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, while all current movies I have are all region, this thing is for the family...best to be safe than sorry with those people running around :(

Anyone else?

HECK-POINT ME TO A GOOD WORLD WIDE DEAL!
    Post Merge: [time]1264769066[/time]
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sony-PlayStation-3-Slim-120-GB-Black-Console_W0QQitemZ270522365418QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Consoles?hash=item3efc63b5ea

Could I trust this...the ps3's are slowing down...

No rating because this is their first item to sell it seems...
    Post Merge: [time]1264769233[/time]
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sony-PlayStation-3-Slim-250-GB-Black-Console_W0QQitemZ150409530352QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Video_Game_Accessories?hash=item23051b4bf0

This one is ideal but seems even less trust worthy...

10. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, nah MDS i was sending him PMs and he was getting them :/

11. meganova

Lol, I thought your problem has been solved when he's online yesterday. XD

Good, good, Cloud. ;3

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And was replying as well?

Only when the deal first started and a few weeks ago did black_knight_666 reply.

So...

I withdrawn $200 that I was willing to give FIRST THING when I met them (150 felt too low) and now this...wtf is going on!

[me=hYpNoS]is now pissed[/me]

..anyone else got any leads on a ps3 :)

13. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

or because hes super awesome banned

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I was pm'ing him before.

Only the 2 stated times black_knight_666 replied...

What's strange, is it was a girl over msn I spoke to called Kara..yet on the romU mag I saw the name as "scott" in the email name rather than the Kara one I got...

WTF IS GOING ON HERE!!!