1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone Use newsgroups?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DemonHeadx, Aug 29, 2007.

1. DemonHeadx

DemonHeadx Well-Known Member

I use them a lot! I wonder if anyone uses them.
    I use them for mostly wii games and gamecube games. Also GREAT for psx games.

Anyone else?

2. Assi9

Assi9 Active Member

I am a truck driver and use Newsbin with APN server and access with a cingular wifi/gsm card. Get 1.5MbPS driving through Chicago, St Louis, Baltimore, Dallas. I still need to use truck stop wifi when in sucky areas. Flying J is the best, others are blocking Usenet now so I still need this site and really glad it's here. Nothing worse than being out for two weeks not being able to get the newest NDS game, hehe.
    I like the Anime groups, a.b.dcp (comics), a.b.p.manga. I used to download XBox360 games when I got home but it took a crap on me lately.
    I would suggest anyone wanting to get Usenet to get Newsbin and go to NZBsRUS to download stuff. Also, when you see something on a torrent site that is hot, just go to BinSearch and paste it in there and make your own NZB.
    For some reason, some Metro areas allow me to update headers at 10MbPS on Cingular. If you travel, it's a good thing to have for your laptop.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I prefer torrents though, they're free and easily give me 1MB/sec when downloading Wii games, I have enough expenses already, so don't feel like newsgroup.

4. DemonHeadx

DemonHeadx Well-Known Member

Very easy do i get 6mbps when downloading anything :D I think newsgroups are a good service to pay for! So just 1 person uses newsgroups!?!?

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Is the entire PSX collection on there? Cause I'm getting it via torrents and I don't like uploading 350 GB twice. :p