1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone read this book?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icelol, Feb 11, 2009.

1. icelol

icelol Active Member

The Romance Of The Three Kingdoms?
    The book the Dynasty Warriors franchise was based on?

2. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I've never read that book, but there was a series of games by the title "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" of I think 5 games. All of them have a good bit of story in them as well as strategy. You should check them out too.

3. icelol

icelol Active Member

yeah i got XI its pretty fun but its a bit hard to fight against like 2 huge nations i hate angering big nations T_T

4. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Heard the name, but never read of it. There's a game tooo... I wonder on which platform.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms games & I pressume this book you mentioned were based on actual events in China's thousands of years history.

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Romance of the Three Kingdoms is actually about war between those kingdom right? so where does this romance stand in the story?

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Romance in this case refers not to love, but to the struggle of power between those Kingdoms.

8. calvin_0

then it would be more suitable to call it Clash of the Three Kingdoms, dont you think?

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well yes, but you also have to consider audience impact.

Ask yourself which would be more intriguing to read?

Clash of the Three Kingdoms or Romance of the Three Kingdoms?

10. calvin_0

well Romance of the Three Kingdoms would give people the wrong idea about the story.... i though it was a love story....then later i discover it was story about Guan Yu and his pal.......

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's what I was referring to, sometimes to make something interesting you have to give a catchy name for it.

Take for example Veal, would you eat it if it were called "murdered calf" instead? (South Park reference)

12. calvin_0

lol i heard "Tortured Baby Cow" is really juicy XD

13. icelol

icelol Active Member

Oh well if you guys can get a translated copy of it you should definitely give it a read.
    Great book fell sorry for the Shu kingdom so much epic deaths.

14. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Romance: any extended work of fiction that deals with adventure, extravagant characters, strange or exotic places, mysterious or supernatural incidents, heroic or marvelous achievements, or passionate love.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:romance&ei=14GVSd6GFNeitgerz92oCw&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

15. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

There is also one rather memorable part in the story whereby you can say romance was involved and also tells of the ever famous event of a woman causing a destruction of a kingdom. Yes that part involved the very famous character Lu Bu and his stepfather Dong Zhuo. How both of them were fooled in to eventually fighting each other using Diao Chan.