1. This forum is in read-only mode.

anyone planning on doing some black friday shopping??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultra, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

i may or may not depending on what are the deals. or i may just buy some stuff online from newegg or some place else.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I maybe asking a dumb question here, but what's Black Friday?

3. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

its the day after thanksgiving. the day with the biggest sales of the year. im talkin really cheap stuff, got a bunch of wii games for like 10 bucks ps2 games for like 5 bucks dirt cheap dvd players, and yes i am going to go shopping at 5 in the freaking morning. my girlfriend has dragged my for the last three years piss drunk. you gotta go out really early to get anything good. thats where they get you.......i would have to say that i picked up some pretty random shit while standing in that hour long line at 5 in the morning at bestbuy

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Oh, OK, sorry for not knowing, I do know of Thanksgiving but not this Black Friday.

Anyway, one of the biggest Mall chains here does have something of the sort, they hold a year end clearance sale where prices are almost at rock bottom, but I guess it isn't as awesome as this Black Friday :)

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

Black Fridays are awesome if you want to see some fights and potentially get some decent deals. Other than that, I don't think its really worth the hassle of waking up(although in my case it'd be more along the lines of staying up a little longer than usual. :p).

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Fights?

Well if you say prices are that cheap I guess people will fight over items.

7. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

People held others at gunpoint for PS3s, for Christ's sake.

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I might wander around the big retailers just to add to the chaos and confusion.

Probably won't buy anything, though.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

yeah, and to say that I'm missing it (Second year :( ) is sad..

WE won't line up at stores at 4-5 int eh mornign (The stores open up early like 5 ish) to get teh christmas presents :(

10. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

For someone like me that really can't stand to be around people, Black Friday would be a nightmare. Way too many people. Yeah, the prices are great on a lot of things, but the pushing, the shoving, the lines, and the fighting make it not worth it in my opinion.

11. veemon147

veemon147 Member

No; I love fighting the crowds and slipping through throngs of people to to snatch up the second-to-last copy of this great deal or that, but the prices aren't worth it this year. I've been through all the stores that interest me on bfads.net and I can't even find anything that great online.

I may catch the bus to one of the malls just for a change of pace, but I'll be sleeping in and taking my time about it before I go.

12. apophos755

Good luck to you veemon.

13. ultra

ultra Guest

i checked out the ads on thursday and they had some good stuff.

at target, they had a 26" lcd for $300 [before tax]. that's a pretty good price knowing that 26" doesn't often come at $300.

i didn't rush to gamestop [used video game store], woke up and got there around 8.30 am. got there early not to get a deal but wanted to make an exchange of a game and hoping that know one else took the game. got there and found the game. bought dragon quest 4 ds, final fantasy 4 ds, tales of syphonia 2 wii all for $76.

target also had boomblox for $20 before tax.

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You guys are all pigs: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE4AR4QU20081128

:p

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Is that how nasty it really gets...

Very interesting :-\

16. Reider

Reider Modereider

The fights weren't that great this year. =/

I couldn't find an Xbox360 anywhere either so it looks like I'm going to be waiting awhile before I get one.

17. Void

Void Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/28/black.friday.violence/index.html

CNN begs to differ. :p

18. apophos755

I'm not sure how interesting it is, but it's definitely atrocious.

19. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

aw :( 2nd time missing it for me

20. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

seriously? i didnt go to best buy to get my 360 until like 5 that night and i still got the one that came with the extra stuff and 4 games....wal mart still even had the 200$ arcade + guitar hero 3 deal too. although i was able to walk into best buy december first last year and grab a wii out of their massive pile and not get beat up for it. i guess there are some advantages to living in montana........