1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone into Magic The Gathering?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by melfice666, Jan 15, 2010.

1. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

I think there is nothing like this, so here goes!

Anyone into Magic the gathering or MTG for short, in here and also what kind of deck you are using, favorite card etc.

2. gx280

gx280 Guest

Well i used to. but then i got bored of it when everyone started working out my tricks :).

So i stopped

3. melfice666

you should have made a new deck or modify the old one 8)

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

No, maybe ten years ago I was into Pokemon and then Yu Gi Ho.
    miros

5. Rogue_Ninja

Rogue_Ninja Active Member

I used to play along time ago. I quit shortly after 5th generation came out i believe. I had quite a few decks and still have all my cards. I mostly used a blue deck.

6. melfice666

I myself use sliver that are red/green/white in color and mono black sometimes

7. imjerel

imjerel New Member

i started since the artifcts or sumthing, the one wiv golems and other robots, now im a Ravnica deck mostly

i have 3 decks, mono green, black and green, red and white...awesome combo red and white i mean..loL!

8. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

I love magic the gathering. Timeless card game.

I have 4 decks in my room. And some in with my friends, I don't remember any more.

But I stick to these four.

U/B Rogue. R/G Pump. W Defensive Cleric. U illusion.

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Was, used up too much money. Mainly im interested in the artwork not too good at the game. So now I just download the artwork off the web unless I really love it then I would purchase the specific card

10. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I have the green golden deck, mostly rare green cards with green legends and hard-to find forest cards. i hate it now cause i dont play and there are stupid rules now, unlike back in the good old days.

But if i find the special 3 Kingdom deck, i would buy it just for memories.

11. melfice666

play with your friends and use the old rules

12. dancubs

New rules? :O Did they do that much damage when Magic 2010 came?

I remember they just changed a few keywords and added a new card type, but I know nothing of changing rules. :(

13. melfice666

just minor changes, but can be lethal for older decks

14. dancubs

Like what? :O My Evasion decks might not cut it anymore. :(

15. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Yay~ I'm waiting for the Worldwake prerelease that'll be held at this weekend, although I don't think I'll attend it. :-\

Oh, my current decks are Kithkin Weenie (Ext.) and Naya Domain (T2). Not the best deck around but I love it for casual play. :D

By the way, does anyone here uses Magic Workstation/MWSPlay? ::)

16. dancubs

I used to use em. Those are the deck management and card creation type of software right? I had them in my old laptop a couple years ago. :p

I kind of like Naya. Really Really big creatures. My buddy had a deck like that, he made all my flying little bastards go daaaaaaaaaamn.

17. kamuikurou

Not only for card management, it enables you to play online with another user using MWS. :D It's a must-have tool for any magic player. :)

Well... download it here: http://www.magicworkstation.com/downloads.php
    the latest card database here (up to Zendikar): http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/mws/5-mtg-masterbase
    and the themes: http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/mws/6-mtg-themes

18. dancubs

Mmmm, yeah. Im on MTG hiatus. :p Next time I go active. ;)

19. kamuikurou

Same here. I only followed the new set spoilers and magic arcana on the official site. :p

There aren't anyone I know playing this game on my university so I lost the will to play... I missed my high school friends. :-\

20. dancubs

My University is sprawling with MTG players, it's just that, I kind of lost the will to play. :p