1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone into Chromakey and Video editing/filming

Discussion in 'Sports' started by afrokid13, Oct 10, 2009.

1. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

I like chroma keying with my green screen( which currently is pissing me off and I need help with it)

I like using after effects to add special effects and reverse videos. ;D

and just editing my skate videos and stuff

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I do it semi professionally.

3. afrokid13

whats that supposed to mean?

well I do it for fun. lol. But that's probably a job I would want when I grow up.

4. Loonylion

I mean I make money from doing it, and I do it for other people, but its not my full time job.

5. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

How much do you get paid? and where do you go to do this because I'm kinda interested in looking into it, and at the moment I wasn't thinking about it till you said you get paid. lol

6. Loonylion

usually about £5 per copy. I used to video the summer concerts at the school my mum works in, but then her class got a new teacher and they've not done any concerts since (shame, since the kids enjoyed them).

7. afrokid13

Im making a movie for the History Day project. Since we have a girl in our group that can ride horses im thinking about doing it on sarah rosetta walkman. I wonder if i can apply my green screen to that...

8. Loonylion

don't use chromakey for the hell of it, only where it contributes to the message within the footage.

9. afrokid13

yeah now that I think about it I don't need the green screen. Just muzzle flashes and some nice clean editing and sound effects.

10. karlsanada10

karlsanada10 Well-Known Member

I made 3-5 videos...

I love it, but I have a somehow slow computer with low graphic card so the quality is not that good.

Currently making: Tribute for Tracy Mcgrady...

11. Loonylion

graphics card has very little to do with it.

12. karlsanada10

^What should I do? and everytime I convert .wmv into .wmv(HD) it lags every second.

13. afrokid13

surprisingly graphics cards make a huge impact. Adobe After Effects doubled in speed when I upgraded from radeon 8500 tp geforce 6200

14. karlsanada10

^I just need to wait for my laptop to come... And after I get it, I can make HD videos.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

That's making the program faster, not the actual video. Converting to a good quality video =/= needing a good graphics card. Given the context that karls has given, Loony is correct.

Is it really necessary to make a wmv to a wmv(HD)? It's still the same format and quality. In that case all it'd be doing is upscaling the video, which wouldn't make that much a difference.

16. Loonylion

upscaling will considerably hurt the quality.

17. karlsanada10

^Then how to improve a video's quality?

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

If the original video is of bad quality, there's nothing you can do. Just make/get a better quality video.

19. Loonylion

As natewlie said, you can't make something from nothing. if the quality is not there initially, it will never be there and there is nothing you can do about it. This is why we video editors work with uncompressed video, to preserve as much quality as possible right up until the last minute (the final render stage loses the most quality).

20. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

I have been editing with Avid and Adobe Premiere for quite some time

I was going to school for editing for about a year but I realized that as an occupation it would not work out for me. I have really bad ADHD which is not very noticeable nowadays but it still shows in my everyday activities. When I edit (mostly skateboarding footage/ some amvs etc etc) I can usually only keep myself focused on it for 15-20 minutes at a time.. so if i was ever working on a part for a skatevid or an AMV they would always take like a month-2 months to actually finish..