1. This forum is in read-only mode.

anyone familiar with the B-MEG brand of San Miguel Corporation Philippines?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XD9999, Sep 7, 2008.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

i need to do a report on B-MEG, the HOG/POULTRY feeds developed by San Miguel, in regards to treatment of INTERNAL and EXTERNAL factors that affect the price of their products. Do you guys have any information about this? Any data would be much appreciated; websites, essays, studies, anything..please.

I realize that something as such would be confidential to avoid competitors imitating the same tactics, for the same reason im having a hard time gathering materials. My classmate already conducted an interview, unfortunately she did not ask the specifics. So all i have to work on is this:

Internal:

Cost of materials
    How to promote the products
    The bigger the company, the bigger is the fixed cost

External:

Supply
    Demand
    Market situation, i.g. inflation
    end-user
    consumer preference

Im deliberating whether or not i should just present concepts that is related to the ideas. However by doing so would be contrary to the motive of the report of presenting how the real world use Pricing strategies.

What do you guys think?

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Dude, this is something our international friends here at RomUlation may not be able to help you out with.

Anyway, why don't you try finding San Miguel Philippines' website then try contacting their Public Relations officer & set up a schedule of sorts to interview them. Ask them politely & tell them this is for a school paper.

3. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

or better yet just wing it and use bullshit :D

but if you really wanna do research I suggest going to NSO <- stats for meat industry, usage etc etc just ask your professor (since I'm assuming this is for a management course) what you really need, SEC to get their financial statements so you can analyze trends, expenses etc where you can get data about pricing and inflation etc etc.

all you need is to get data, analyze it for trends and etc and use your head to come up with some bullshit. that'll be an A paper for sure :D best of luck

4. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

if only it were that easy. This is an oral report, maybe i'll just come up with something unrelated or stress on the introduction... :(

------------------------------------------------------------------

nevermind on this one, i already solved it. thanks for the help.

5. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

oral? with no power point or whatsoever?

just bs then since its oral they won't be checking for sources anyway unless your prof's an insider

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If this is for a high school report, you might just as well wing it Cartman style with loads of made up stuff.Unless you're in a state high school or a private high school that can check up on what you presented.

It's also tougher if you're in University, they might catch you making things up & penalize you.

7. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

im in a university, and thankfully they didn't question my sources

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

In Journalism, you HAVE to have strong sources (nfortunately.. I am in jouralism highschool...) I'm gonna ho mass com and major in journalism if nothing changes...