1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone else bored with their DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by BladeOFGrass, Jan 5, 2010.

1. BladeOFGrass

BladeOFGrass Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't played my DS in weeks, and I don't think we've gotten any jaw-dropping releases since...I dunno, late November, early December...not to say this year isn't looking with promise, but I personally can't wait for Sands of Destruction or Glory of Hercules. What are you guys doing to tide you over for the next good release?

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

my ds have been collecting dust for months now...... as well as my PSP, both of them doesnt have game that catch my attention right now.....

and HGSS is still months away >.>

3. BladeOFGrass

Why does a remake of a Pokemon game you've most likely already destroyed intrest you. I don't get the appeal.

4. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

5. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for all the new games to hurry up
    Pokemon, Golden Sun, ASH... *sigh* hurry up!!

6. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

I'm not yet bored with it because I still got a lot of games to play with. I don't end the game unless I get everything in it. Making me want to have an extra brain, 2 eyes and 2 hands. >_<

7. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Obvious troll is obvious.

On-topic: Yeah, I haven't played my DS in months same with my PSP. I won't be playing them either, Pokemon comes out way to close to the FFXIII release date so I will be busy being a FF fag

8. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

All i've been doing is modding obivion on the PC.
    I need some more good DS RPGs!!!

9. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting for Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts patches to be done.

10. getam_heruu

getam_heruu Member

Im waiting for the sands of destruction and glory of heracles too..
    also the new digimon,miles edgeworth and new pokemon:D

11. BladeOFGrass

No. I honestly don't get it, Dean. I friggen destroyed Silver and Gold back in the day, what does the remake bring that makes spending about...oh one hundred to fifty hours on it worth it? New storyline? New pokemon? Good online battling? Or, is it the same old game just updated to the DS? ....Granted, Silver was good.

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

You're posting here, so I really don't think your spare time is valuable enough not to play it.

EDIT: But on a serious note, it's actually worth it. New areas, new pokemon, better graphics and music, as well as that sense of nostalgia. I'd be playing it right now, but I've already completed it.

13. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

well, i haven't play my DS since i finished LoZ spirit track.... waiting for a new DS RPG Game... especially Golden Sun..

14. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I gave up LoZ in sand temple (my mic is kinda bugged already and I cant get the music done with the music-guy).

I am playing Nostalgia now when I have absolutely nothing to do.
    I also redownloaded Fire Emblem but I am starting to figure out why I deleted that game again *sigh*

Also have KH to beat.... and Black Sigil...

15. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I'm bored with it because of lack of good games lately.
    I'm thinking about getting a PSP lately, but that would ruin my savings....
    And I'm saving for laptop :p

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Active Member

Yeah, I used to favor my DS over my PSP but now my PSP is being used more often and my DS is gathering dust :(.

17. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

My problem with the DS is too many kiddie/cutesy games and RPG's and not enough no-brainers like a 2D Metroid, Gradius, Street Fighter, F-Zero, Tekken, more old arcade compilations and other games more suited to the DS's weak specs.

I've been having more fun with freaking homebrew on the DS than retail games.

I know that I am in a minority when it comes to gaming preferences. Most of you guys apparently like flower-and-bunny cutesy games and boring RPG's. I have long since outgrown or burnt out on games like those many years ago.

Nintendo tries to say they want to appeal to a wider demographic of gamers, but they focus on noobs (AKA casual gamers) and kids and have all but forgotten the glory days of the NES and SNES and many of the types of games people actually like, especially games veteran old-school gamers like myself would enjoy. Which brings me back to why haven't they (Ninty or their 3rd-party's) made any of the games I listed in the first paragraph?

18. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Nintendo falls back on what they know. The gaming market, like the world market, isn't exactly the most stable environment to be going out too far. Sequels and re-hashes sell, and the gimmick games sell as too. Nintendo has been around for near thirty years now. They know that Micro$oft and Sony have a certain demographic they cater to, and the big N stays with what it knows. You'll never see Nintendogs on my DS, it might be a hoot to play, but that's not going to keep my gamers spirit at bay. The gaming industry IS a business, and their livelihood depends on units moved. A new F-Zero would be a blast, but if the people want a gimmicky Legend of Zelda, then that's what they'll get.

19. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

"the people" have been asking for better games on the DS, Nintendo just hasn't been listening to the consumers.

20. dedboy

dedboy Guest

In many ways, you are right. Though I hate to say it, they cater to the younger folks, more than the older ones who were there with them from the get go. Maybe, just maybe, someday, someone will compose a decent article about gimmicks and games. Then send it to Nintendo, though I doubt they would read it, perhaps one of them would, even if it's on the john. I'd love a new Kid Icarus myself. They're just going with what sells now, and that doesn't always mean a good thing.