1. This forum is in read-only mode.

anyobdy have problems with a no-chip modded wii?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Light_Of_Darkness, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light_Of_Darkness

Light_Of_Darkness Well-Known Member

in the tutorials section, there's a tutorial on how to mod your wii to play homebrew and backups on it without installing a mod-chip, anyone do this yet? and are there any problems with playing back-ups on it?

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Yes. Most users I've run into have done softmodding.

And the only one I've had problems running is Ghostbusters. That one really stumps me right now.

As for other problem games like The Conduit and Need for Speed Undercover, just rip out the 002 fix and run the 002 fix backup launcher by gamma.

3. Light_Of_Darkness

whats the 002 fix?

4. insanecrazy07

It's an error that you get from a few games.

5. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

there's an epic tutorial at this site that's all about Wii modding....It's called the UBER wii softmod guide (it works for the LU64+ Wii's as well)

here's a hint, google "yafaze"....try to find the tutorial if the one on here confuses you...the yafaze site is a site for noob modders...extremely helpful

(if this post is against the rules, just delete it..please don't ban me...just trying to help out)

If a moderator see's this, can i post the link to the tutorial?

6. Light_Of_Darkness

i dont think that my wii is LU64+, whats with those Wii's anyway? did nintendo apply some security change or something?

oh and anyone else have probs running wii backups with a softmodded wii?

EDIT: i read the uber wii softmod tut on yafaze, and its clear enough for me. but whats confusing is the disclaimer on LU64+ wiis where you shouldnt use downgrades then mentions IOS files and CIOS files, and my Wii is LU51 so that shouldnt apply to my wii right? oh and i found a reason why ghostbuster might not work, apparently CIOS 13-b doesn't work with it.

EDIT 2: GAH I KEEP FORGETTING STUFF =X so will this work even if my wii has been updated to 4.1?

7. musiclegend14

that guide will work for any wii...even if its 4.1

if you follow UBER tutorial step by step you will have no problems...i just did it the other day and i was a noob too, if you do run into problems the support team there will help you with everything

i can play any backup i have..even ghost busters

8. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

anyway how to get the mod chip free? theres a web site wer u can download games and play without a mod chip but u hav to pay

9. musiclegend14

you don't need a mod chip anymore, it can all be done with software now

if you want free games, look on some torrent sites. Like i told the original poster...google yafaze, that site has everything you need to know

10. Light_Of_Darkness

musiclegend, do u have any site to download wii games directly? as in no torrent?

EDIT: P.S. anyone know if demonoid has wii torrents? if so can someone PM me an invite? oh and i already check underground gamer. and i can't find any wii-iso sites on yafaze.

11. nzcriswell

nzcriswell New Member

can you do the mod software with no internet on a ps2

12. insanecrazy07

Yes, I get the majority of my games from demonoid.
    There are a few sites that host the games on rapidshare, but those take days to complete...

13. musiclegend14

I get all my games at Ilovetorrents... i just find the downloads safer and faster than demonoid. It's all preference.

i saw a couple of your comments on the games over there = p

14. Light_Of_Darkness

completely off topic
    On Topic: my downloads from ilovetorrents run at only 30 kb/s :O normal or slow?

15. musiclegend14

slow...well depending on how many seeders, i rarely get bellow 100 kb/s and the site says I'm not connectible to other users. Which apparently is bad, o well...I top out on uploads at 130 kb/s

For downloading I average 500 kb/s...on that site they have tutorials on how to open up ports and increase download speeds.

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Also, many connection types become "saturated" (for the lack of a better word) if you allow full upload speed. In order to avoid this saturation, cap off your upload on the torrent at about 10kbps less than your maximum. This will allow you to still share the torrent with others (a big must when dealing with torrents) and still be able to fully use your connection.

17. xXGuydoXx

xXGuydoXx Active Member

Yeah. My Wiikey broke the other day (after re-clipping, wire soldering, and surface mount soldering). Now I use the Still-in-development Gamecube Backup Launcher and the Coverfloader homebrew to launch all my Wii games. I have experienced no problems at all. I would highly recommend it. Oh, and get a nice 320 Gig Western Digital Passport External HDD. ;)

18. musiclegend14

yeah i forgot to add that...i cap mine off at 70 kb/s

19. insanecrazy07

My 320 GB WD myPassport doesn't hold the ISOs in its original format, FAT32. I reformatted it to NTFS and it works like a charm. However, what format does it need to be for the Wii to recognize it to play games using USBloader? I haven't really messed with it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.