1. This forum is in read-only mode.

anybody ski/snowboard?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cab9541, Jan 23, 2009.

1. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

as the title says, anybody in here pretty good? just got my old pair of elans from the moms house at christmas and got a new pair of boots and hit up the mountain for the first time in bout two years. the town i go to school at has three mountains within a 15 minute drive so its pretty nice. been skiing since i was about four so i actually forgot that i wasnt too bad at it. despite the cold which i hate skiing and boarding are my favorite sports, to do and to watch

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I bought myself a RIDE snowboard about 4 years back, been using it every year except last, and taking it for a short spin this Sunday, I wouldn't want to live without snowboarding. :)

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I think i'll leave a satisfying image in some member's heads (You know who you are)
    I tried once but I didn't know how to stop and I have bad coordinations; to cut it short a branch hit me in the stomach and I rolled down and stopped on a tree; my back hurt for weeks...

4. cab9541

well ill tell you somethin cj and i am sure seph will agree, once you learn how to do it and you actually get pretty good at it there not much a person can do besides sky diving and flying a plane that will make you feel as free as a person does when their flying down a snow covered mountain at top speed, its truly liberating, like going as fast as you can down a really steep hill on your bike without the possibility of breaking your face open on the concrete......
    @seph i dont know what part of canada you are in (somewhere in BC i assume) but there are some mountains up north that i would literally kill somebody to spend a day tearing up, but i live in montana so i guess i shouldnt complain too much ;)

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

[reference] I'm quite a scaredy cat [/reference]; so things that could kill me I only try once, plus I hurt my man parts on the tree as well...
    Never again I think...

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not everyone has the balance to snowboard, I don't. Also, Seph is in Denmark, not Canada.

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I was born with bad balance...
    It's too hard for me to learn how to balance on one of those things
    Various people can't for the same reason sadly :(

8. cab9541

dang i thought this whole site was done out of canada guess you learn something new every day. how the skiing in denmark then?
    @loony your probably right when it comes to boarding i never got into that much though good balance isnt required as much in skiing i would be willing to say skiing requires more of an acquired coordination. skiing will probably be one of the things that helps me get through this crappy winter (along with my 360)

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I lost what little balance I had. I had bones removed from one ear so one side of my head weighs more than the other, fucking my balance up permanently.

10. Winterreise

Winterreise New Member

11. cab9541

i tried cross country for a while but never got into it too much something to do with the guy teaching me being one of the biggest assholes i have ever met. my favorite thing has always been skiing down powder covered moguls and i have a fond taste for mountain exploration as well.
    sorry to hear about that loony you can still try skydiving which i have heard is ten times the rush any extreme sport on the ground can give you(i will get the balls to try it before i die)

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Woah... One side is out of balance for you?...
    I was born with it so I kinda got used to it...