1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anybody know this Arcade game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anoni_Snowflake, Jul 14, 2009.

1. anoni_Snowflake

anoni_Snowflake New Member

Hi, this is my first post and I am hoping that this will be a nice forum community.

I have several emulator stuff on my computer (including MAME) as several of you do I am sure.

I am trying to locate a ROM for a game that I know not the name of!
    Hard to do since it existed so long ago and searching for wiki listings of game titles rang no bells nor searching out pics of the maybes was not fruitful.

The game was old- standard arcade (not play choice or anything) and I knew of it first about the time that SNES had been out about a year.

It was a fantasy type game allowing for 3 players.
    Some dude that used a whip
    Some dude that used a spear
    Some chick that used a sword

The view was always overhead and the stages were somewhat like D&D settings- living trees to fight and what not.
    It was possible to find a stick of dynamite that allowed you to use the third (and other wise unused button) to toss dynamite.
    Other than this the characters were fighting their way using their standard weapons -unless- :
    They found an orb which gave ranged attack to their weapon.
    They found a laser or flame throwing weapon.
    They pick up the weapon of a fellow player - whose gear and keys were left behind.

Objective is vague to me except that player gather keys that allow them to use doors going either up or down a level... each level that I saw was mostly outdoor setting, tho I have not seen too many of the levels.

I think I have described this game as best I can- ask questions or suggest names that I might look up- or if nobody knows this game then I am no worse off !

Thanks for any help!
    Anoni

2. EmmaGebz

EmmaGebz Well-Known Member

I don't know the game but omg MAME! I haven't played that for years. When I was a kid I used to love Circus Charlie hahaha how sad >.<

3. Beebee18

Beebee18 New Member

The only games I can think of are Streets of Rage or Golden Axe, although both do slightly differ from your explanation. They both have a choice of 3 players, in Streets of Rage it is the opponents that have whips etc with pick ups available, and in Golden Axe the players have a battle axe, long sword and a broadsword, and both are side scrolling games. :-\

4. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

Is it "Dark Adventure" from konami ?