1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any Wii Fans Out There?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by KSbored, Dec 28, 2009.

1. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

-What do ya'll do to get the best out of your wii (NOT HACKED)? Do you use it usually by yourself or with friends? What genre of games do you mainly play on it? What do ya'll buy on the Wii Shop. What new Channels do you hope to see.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -I usually play casually with my friends and most of my games seem to be shooters. (Seems the best way to use the wii's controls at its best to me). I really want them to make a FaceBook Channel (Like what Xbox has), I beleive that there are so many Channel possibilities that aren't being made.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUESTIONS:
    -Can you watch videos on a Wii from the memory card? What format should it be? Do ya'll know any good converters?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Re: Any Wii-Tards Out There?

"wii-tard"?

That's insulting re-tards, and dude, I'm friends with some of them (mildy).

Now to your topic...

Mine isn't hacked as nothing has interested me, the games are too big to bother downloading (crappy net) And I don't play online since I'm an anti social gamer who prefer's Ai...least they don't disconnect on ya!

And not sure about the videos...I'm sure it can but never tried it...but I think the photo-shop can play vis...if I read the manual correctly.

3. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to offend anyone. So my bad.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Maybe change the topic to "wii-fan" or something.

Don't mind me, odd background of mine.

5. Fredie109

Fredie109 Member

My Wii isn't hacked either,
    When im with friends i mostly play Guitar hero or Far cry and when im alone i tend to go more the way of Final Fantasy and The sims.
    My wii isnt connected to the internet (shame) so channels dont bother me that much,
    Also regarding your question: I have no idea, i never tried tbh.

6. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Post in the "computers&modding" section buddy....

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This will be moved when the mods see it, for Once I didn't bother to show them the way.

You could try posting relevent to the subject you know, buddy :)

8. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I really don't recommend a wii... unless you mod it, but if you want shooters the Wii has some, but there not halo like quality and most are either downgraded ports or cheap knockoffs like The conduit being a poor mans halo except with LOTS of cheaters online! I don't really recommend the wii for shooters since there not very good, however I do recommend other games for the system such as

No more heroes (repetitive by the way) but still very fun and very bloody and madworld in the same manner, but if your still looking for some shooting, try the rail gun games such as, Resident evil the Darkside chronicles, because that feels very good! and it's a must play even if your not a fan of rail shooters, also deadspace extraction is another good one.

other titles bleh not so good but heres a list of some decent games mixed in with other good ones, but sadly I still don't recommend a wii
    COD for the wii is decent one but don't expect to be blown away.. and you can play it on a better system"xbox360"

House of the dead overkill for it's hillarious over the top writing, but the gameplay is a meh.

Metroid Prime 3 is a really good game, but I don't really count it as a shooter but it's still very fun to pick up unless you get annoyed with puzzles.

Sillent Hill Shattered memories I really recommend especially since it looks very good and is very creepy and fun, but again lots of puzzle solving.

Tales of symphonia 2, but it's probably not a game your gonna be into unless you like rpg's, or if your a fan of the first one or golden sun.

By all means I still recommend people avoiding the wii and should get a 360 instead of a wii but if your a wii owner theres not much to expect in the future for the system all I can think of is Mario galaxy2, new zelda, metroid other M ,No more heroes 2, red steel 2, Tatsunoko VS capcom, monster hunter tri, which is similar to phantasy star. I hope that helps some.

9. Fredie109

Fredie109 Member

Basicly most of what you stated is very true,
    If you are aiming for a console on which you can play good shooters i dont recommend the Wii.
    Quite similiar to the NDS you should mostly play games like Zelda/mario/final fantasy etc on the Wii shooters just dont really fit with the whole Nintendo Ds/Wii system in my opinion.

If someone around here is aiming to buy a wii* i would really recommend you to try it out at some friends first because you can be easily seduced by it while its often really diffrent when playing it yourself.

Edit:Typo

10. miros

miros Well-Known Member

My family got a Wii for Christmas, and I was the one who installed the homebrew channel the day we set it up. Then yesterday I finally managed to install ISO dumper, WAD manager, WiiGator and a few other necessary utilities.
    miros

11. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

The rail shooters are definitely some of the best games on wii right now: resident evil darkside chronicles, dead space extraction and house of the dead overkill.

Here are the compatible formats for photo channel at Nintendo.com:

# Image Files:
    Format: JPEG, baseline only
    Size: Up to 8192x8192

# Video Files:
    File format: Quicktime (motion JPEG) format (MOV)
    AVI (Motion JPEG) format (AVI)

# Audio Files:
    on Photo Channel 1.0 MP3 format, on Photo channel 1.1 AAC and MP4 in .m4a format

-wii video 9 is a good program-

12. dragneon007

One more thing, on the wii channel... it's mostly crap I'm sorry if that sounds rude... but the games on wiiware are sometimes worse then the games in stores, and prices are stupid because they can reach as much as a good n64 game "megaman 9 ten dollars! thats stupid... but the virtual console has some good gem's to be played, like... super Mario RPG legends of the seven stars, and Punchout along with a handfull of good classics raging from, genesis, SNES, NEOGEO,ECT, but like I said it's not worth getting a wii to play these classics since you can do this much better with a hack wii, and wiiware is a really huge let down, and very few good games on wiiware, oh and the channels suck except for the nintendo channel download which is pretty cool because that allows you to demo DS games, view exclusive previews, trailers and interviews, along with a weekly nintendo Show hosted by some a guy and some girl.
    (watered down X-play nintendo style) oh and Online sucks by the way.

13. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

Alot of Wiiware games are great! castlevania rebirth, contra rebirth, lost winds, nyx quest and more. Meagman 9 is worth the money if you're an old school gamer. The young 'uns might find it too difficult. Research any game you're interested in before you download... there are a bunch of garbage Wiiware games too.

14. dragneon007

you gotta admit thoe.. theres more bad then good on wiiware. and prices are very off ballance.. Megaman2 and megaman 9 is a perfect example, but now compare megaman9 to a game with a equal price point such as legend of zelda ocarina of time and it gets worse.. now compare that price with pokemon ranch... yeah theres more bad then good on wiiware and even on VC theres bad pricing with some none nintendo titles

Thoe the games you said are good.. theres more bad then good on nintendo wii as a whole

I love nintendo, but... oh never mind I don't feel like ranting about nintendo.

15. agunimon45

agunimon45 Active Member

my Wii ain't hacked, which is good.
    Usually, I play DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, great game, or SSBB.
    Sadly, my *BEEP* wii can't connect to the *BEEP* internet!!!! GAR!!!!!!
    (Shame on the Wii)

16. dragneon007

Ohh yeah I forgot about that game! DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was indeed awesome! only good anime DBZ game I enjoyed along with friends, it really made you break a sweat when it came to thoes insane action moment's, but the online was Horrible!

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i agree with dragneon.....you can't have a good wii until you hack it!!XD

i have personally hacked 2 wiis and they are both amazing!!XD (mine and my friends)
    and i helped dragneon in hack his via chat room.

i know of 7+ people who i have either helped or they they hacked it themselves using my 4.2 wii hacking guide.

but the thing that i like about my wii (the not-hacked part) is that it can play n64 games (even though i install them with wadmanager..)

The only way to watch videos on the wii is to have the homebrew channel and that's hacking it...so no, you can't watch videos on a normal wii.

some good FPS's for the wii are Dead Space Extraction, Quake (must have Homebrew Channel) and The Conduit!

what's wrong with a hacked wii? it has all of the functionalities of a non-hacked one, but it can play backup games...that's the only difference.

18. agunimon45

agunimon45 Active Member

I agree. Those insane movements are really weird. Still, it's a good game. THe story mode's kinda downgraded from Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for PS2. I wish that story mode feature would be in the game.

19. dragneon007

Yes you helped me get homebrew working, but i still have not manage to get back ups running XD anyway thats off topic, but another good game I recommend people checking out for wii is manhunt.

EDITED*
    I meant I was off topic.

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I personally like animal crossing wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii and also Metroid Prime Trilogy is a pretty nice game as well (3 games in 1!!).