1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any way to directly rip a Wii game to your PC via a DVD drive?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by highpitchsolo, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highpitchsolo

highpitchsolo Active Member

I know you can backup Wii games over WiFi, but is there a way to put the disc in a PC and rip it that way? The drives in my PC are an HP DVD1040 and a Kreon flashed DVD drive that I use to rip Xbox 360 DL DVD's.

2. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

yes i believe it is possible, but most dvd drives cant read wii games, try to see if your pc recognizes the disk first.

3. highpitchsolo

using what program?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just load it.

5. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

I mean put the disk in your pc and see if your pc will even read it first.

6. highpitchsolo

I burned a Wii game on to a DVD+R in 10 minutes, DVD-R says 1.5 hours.. WTF

Ok so when I first started making backups, I used DVD+R's before I learned they can be bad for your console, and I burned about 4 or 5 successful games at 2x and it finished in like 10 - 12 minutes each. I just bought some DVD-R's and am trying to burn a game, and it's been 14 minutes and it's only at 15%. It is saying it's writing at 0.7x, even though I set it to 2x, and is going to take another hour and a half.

Anyone know why it's taking so long?

7. highpitchsolo

I will put in a Wii game once No More Heroes finishes writing to a DVD-R.. It is taking bizarrely long.. I burn games on to DVD+R in 10 minutes, DVD-R says an hour and a half.. Anyone know why?

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=20090.0

8. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

Re: I burned a Wii game on to a DVD+R in 10 minutes, DVD-R says 1.5 hours.. WTF

it's just writing slowly, that isn't really a bad thing, your game will be very well burnt, just be patient it will eventually finish.

9. highpitchsolo

sigh.. i have 11 iso's i need to burn though..

10. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

oh god, well after one is burned you can have fun playing it while you wait for the rest, aside from that you could try turning the speed up a little bit. not too much though games tend to not work so well when they are burned at very high speeds.

11. highpitchsolo

any idea why the burn rate is at 0.7x when i set it to 2x? i am using imgburn.
    Post Merge: [time]1247819932[/time]
    Why was my other thread deleted >_>

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if this works-like gamecube games the wii reads them BACKWARDS (so I heard...)

Also-they deleted your other topic because, well not sure, but if it's asking the same question, it will be deleted-can't ask the same thing twice in a row or at the same time-just a general guess...

Oh-just tried house of the dead 2 and 3 return pal-no go on my dvd drive-it's easier to do the whole hardrive homebrew and load them as iso's thru your wii (get the program-plug in a external harddrive of your choice, then load the iso's-I know that cube games can be loaded this way, prehaps wii as well ???)

13. highpitchsolo

Dude what the hell I just tried putting in my burned copy of No More Heroes (the one that took an hour and a half writing at 0.7x) and there is no freakin color! It's all black and white! Why is this?? I read on some forum that someone used the same DVD's that I am using and they said it worked perfectly for them.. They are TDK DVD-R's.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the game is from a region other than your Wii, e.g PAL games on an NTSC wii will be black and white, so will the other way around.

15. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

yeah you need to get the version that is appropriate for your wii when you download it.

i dont know why its so slow, and im guessing your other thread got merged with this thread because it's simmilar to this one and it takes up less space to only have one thread.

16. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Your burner supports only specific burn speeds?

There's a theoretical and an actual burn rate, so even if you pick x1, it will go 0.7. Not sure how it makes the jump from x2 to 0.7 though. x2 might not be supported by your burner.

Since mine is old, the slowest it goes is x6 and I've NEVER had a problem with my games.

17. highpitchsolo

ok well i feel stupid now.. i was sure i only downloaded NTSC iso's, but maybe one of the torrents was named wrong. i burned metroid prime 3 and it works fine, so i should be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.