1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any Translation projects in need?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dzuy, Jun 8, 2010.

1. dzuy

dzuy New Member

I'm offering my help/services to any interesting translation projects in progress. I'm mainly interested in RPG, SRPG, and Visual Novel games. I have plenty of translation experience both professional and independent and speak japanese fluently.
    Games I would love to see translated (and would love to work on):
    Irodzuki Tingle no Koi Balloon Trip -- (would LOVE to see this one translated -- one of my favorites, although it may be impossible due to the quiz section in the train station portion)
    The latest Professor Layton -- though itll probably be out soon enough.
    The Death Note games - Kira Game or more notably the L Prologue. The latter would be an easier translation and was really fun.
    Love Plus - though seems probably too complex to translate not to mention speech parts.
    Days of Memories - easy visual novel.
    Tactics Layer - would love to see this SRPG/VisNovel!
    Inazuma Eleven games.
    Shounen Sunday and Shounen Magazine White Comic - Just love that the first chapter is Love Hina and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
    Any of the Naruto RPGs.
    Any court related game/detective related game similar to Gyakuten Saiban. (of which there are no shortage...)
    Crayon Shin Chan games!
    Maple Story -- can only help translate from the Japanese patched plot version. (can't read korean.)

Although I'm game for just about anything. This site has provided me with lots of fun over the last year or so, trying to give back in some way. The Japanese game selection on this site is incredible. It's definitely a shame more people don't get to explore it, there are some really interesting games and interesting game mechanics that never make their way to the light of day over here.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Try the hosted projects section and speak to the ones making them.

If you made any translations, prehaps make a thread and see if anyone snaps it up?

3. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

On gbatemp I believe, there are a few people working ion them. I would say to try working on love plus :) But that's only because I can't wait for it to be finished ;D (Something similar to Love plus, and almost finished is tokimeki memorial girl's side 1st love plus. Maybe you can help there? (Just a suggestion because I would like to see it in English, sorry ::) )
    But I would say, try to look on Gbatemp to see if you can help there with something, and if you don't see something you like, try to translate the game you want to see in English and try to find someone who want to help :D

Though Tactics Layer looks cute also :p

4. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Agreed, post a topic in the translations and projects forums.

On a side note...

I'd love to have an English translation of Mugen no Frontier EXCEED Super Robot Taisen OG Saga

Lol sry 4 spam comment

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

I would love Medarot translations, any of the two that there are for DS

6. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

yeah medarot ds kabuto/kuwagata.. translation would be awesome!!!

7. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Check GBA attempt foruns

Lots of projets around there waiting for translators and stuff.

Besides... stay away from games that probably will get a Us release...
    waste of time.

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

ive been looking for medarot translation projects all over the web with no success, and i believe there isnt going to be a us release