1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any tips to speedup DesMuMe or No$GBA on my 1.6GHz 1GB RAM comp?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by OLK, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

they run slower than how they did for my inspiron 2200 for some reason

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

get a faster processor?

3. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

I don't need little kids being smartasses on the internet..

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You seem angry for someone who is asking for help.

5. Loonylion

I'm 22 year old networking professional actually. Regardless, emulation is CPU bound and 1.6Ghz is slow.

6. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

except my inspiron 2200 had the SAME processor and ran faster than how it does on this, where the games were playable.

This comp for some reason makes the games so slow they're unplayable, even though it has the same processor plus more RAM

I don't care how old you are, if you treat me with disrespect I return the favor. If you are nice, I also am nice

7. You may want to consider an upgrade. Tuneup utilities helps me free unneccessary space on my pc :) I second OLK! if ur gonna treat other users like crap, then get off the forum!

8. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming disrespect actually means something completely different to you then it actually does.

No one here has actually treated you with any disrespect

9. Loonylion

If its not processor, then it could be graphics chip, but so long as the graphics chip suports 3D acceleration (i.e not Intel, SiS or Matrox), it shouldn't have a huge effect. More ram would also help. What OS is it running?

10. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

Windows XP
    it's just so weird, I don't understand why it's so slow on this computer, yet on the inferior Inspiron it runs faster

both 1.60ghz so arghhh,

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Change the Emulation Speed, LCD refresh to Realtime*2, Auto or the Unlimited MHz Disaster.
    If it's still slow, try to defrag your hardisk and see if the speed increased.

My suggestion might either working or not working, but at least try it.

What nds game did you play anyway?
    Do you have a graphic card installed?

I have try using no$gba on my old computer, Pentium IV, 1 GB RAM, 2.4ghz(or something that nearer), no graphic card.
    and it runs very slow..

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i'm using a netbook and i have windows service pack two.....atom core processor (or whatever...)- 1.6 ghz processor, 1 gb of ram......and games run just fine on mine....it's not built for gaming/emulators, but i don't have any trouble with it........it also runs full speed on my linux distro as well.......

just get some programs to clean up your temp files and registry errors.....like ccleaner or something.

and defrag the hdd maybe? ???

13. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

I just found out that The MSI Wind can't run a DS emulator good, because of the Atom Processor

So sorry all, i was a noob

14. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

LMAO He was just telling it like it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.