1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any Tennis Players or Fans?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kesel5588, Feb 27, 2009.

1. kesel5588

kesel5588 New Member

I was just curious because there wasn't a tennis topic up @ the board. If there are players out there, any tips or advice on playing better. I'm trying to beat my friend who is naturally gifted at every sport he plays. I just want to beat him in a sport that I'm passionate about. :D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

practice.

3. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

I'm kinda naturally born athletic as well, just join a team or something, it will get you very good with experience

4. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I play tennis and I love it. the key thing to remember is to have fun. Once you have that down, just follow how his strokes or study his movements, both his feet and hands. Also, to get a better shot and some top-spin on the ball, angle your racket slightly forward.

Go out there and have fun :)

5. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I greatly admire your passion for the fantastic sport of tennis, however, it is a gentleman's game!!! Winning and losing are not NEARLY as important as having fun. Believe me, if winning was the case I would have quit years ago(just kidding). If you seriously intend on getting better and to follow through with this ageless sport, I would suggest taking lessons or joining a team. Practice, practice, and whats the other thing....oh yeah, PRACTICE!!! Good luck,
    miros

6. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Well if your goal is just to beat your friend only (which is not really the purpose)
    you could study his movements and his hits, and try to figure out his weak points and exploit them, but that wouldn't really work against others I guess

7. xXxSpectre@

xXxSpectre@ New Member

Try to keep your eyes focused on the ball at all times, especially when you're about to hit it. This mistake is often overlooked (pardon the pun) but not being fully focused on the ball all the way through your follow through can mess with even the top players.

The main idea is to have fun ;). If all else fails, try to trip him while he's playing. (just kidding.)

8. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

I played tennis now i stoped i play table tennis now!

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I utterly despise tennis, awful sport.

10. Your_Shadow446

Your_Shadow446 Active Member

I think that's where your supposed to put a reason. Each to their own.

I play tennis as a summer sport usually, it depends if I have a winter sport :p (its winter here).

11. adonis6804

adonis6804 Member

Watch Professional Tennis games on T.V., you can learn a lot just by watching it and paying attention

12. quickcaster

quickcaster Well-Known Member

im good at tennis and i never had training i play it during recess time in my school and im pretty good not boasting or anything

13. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

Does badminton count?

14. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

I like to play table tennis, i am a good one in that, in the school i practice alot but i ask the teacher if they are gonna do a tournament and he say that he will see, i am gonna win it, will none one nows who is gonna win but if i win y will show you the trophy and all in a picture lol....

15. Light_kun

Light_kun Member

I play tennis for like 4 years now. At first I lost almost everytime, but I'm very good actually.
    So my point being: Practice makes perfect. Just play some matches, and someday you will notice that your body will make the moves almost on it's own.
    But I have to agree. This sport isn't just about winning or losing, it's about having fun and have a good match.

16. crazytuna

A lot of people think that sports=winning, that's why they don't enjoy the sport

17. ADGS231

Who wish that they do another game of Sega Superstar Tennis and you can play it online, that will be nice and coolest, i will like it much better if it like that.

Who is with me?

18. crazytuna

but for what platform?

19. ADGS231

For the NDS, Wii. Because is NINTENDO.

Nintendo :

NDS
    WII

20. Girate

Girate Guest