1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any one know of any good emulators to run on Dreamcast?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jiminy Crickets, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Yea I just ubtained a Dreamcast and I am just experimenting but does any one know of any good emulators to run on Dreamcast?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There used to be the BLEEM! project for emulating PSX games on the Dreamcast. It was officially shutdown after Sony went after them. You might still be able to find it and get it to work. I don't know how well it worked when it was around.

Other than BLEEM!, I cannot recall any emulators you could run on the Dreamccast.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Bleem! was a commercial emulator for PC (you had to buy the emulator). I believe that is why Sony went after them.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, there was a Dreamcast version called Bleemcast.

And ya, it was commercial... but it is dead now, and you can still find it out there. I don't know how well it worked, because I never used it.

Here's a compatibility list.
    http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesisreviews/Bleemcast/bleemcastcompatibility.htm
    Seems that it didn't work very well. Not that many games worked well enough to play.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I suspect it was the commercial bit that got on Sony's tits. they didn't really do anything about any other emulators.

6. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

7. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.