1. This forum is in read-only mode.

any news on this card?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by keith101, Jun 22, 2011.

1. keith101

keith101 Active Member

hey guys, so i was surfing the google for 3ds flash carts and i wound this one? Pandora 3DS

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are no flashcarts capable of playing 3ds roms and will not be for some time.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

And the Pandora 3DS is an absolutely terrible flash cart.

If you want something that works on 3DS, get a Supercard DSTwo, a pre-flashed Acekard2i (unless you have an older DS of some kind to update it with), a CycloDSi, and there are a few others. Those are the few really notable ones. Also, listen to Loony. Nothing is actually going to play 3DS ROM's, if that was your intention in this endeavor.

4. keith101

keith101 Active Member

will a r4i- sdhc work? http://www.r4isdhc.com/rtswhite/

it says firmwire upgrade

5. Loonylion

r4i carts are mostly shit, dont waste your money. If you're short then acekart 2i is the way to go.

6. keith101

keith101 Active Member

i only spent like 6 bucks so im gonna try it, if it doesnt work, then ill get an acecard again, mine broke after like 2 years

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Very true. That's the only cart that I really liked. I didn't really like the SuperCard DSTwo, though it is useful if you don't have any other system to emulate games on.

You can get an Acekard 2i for 14$ or so.

8. keith101

keith101 Active Member

my supercard dstwo came broken so i just got my refund and brought a r4i sdhc, and a 3ds game off ebay =)

9. Alexsuliter

Alexsuliter Member

Hi,Pandora 3DS is new developed by a Janpan company, there is no much information up to now from user.
    You can try Acekard 2i which now also support 3DS.
    Or R4i SDHC 3DS also another good choice.

10. Loonylion

R4is are NOT a good choice. They come and go as often as the wind changes.

11. VongolaTempesta

VongolaTempesta Well-Known Member

what about original R4DS' are they good like this one for EX: http://www1.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_1202_1.jpg

12. Loonylion

if its a genuine original R4 then game compatibility is fairly good with third party firmwares, but it will not take a microsd card bigger than 2GB and also is not compatible with DSi or newer.

13. Akalakawak

Akalakawak Well-Known Member

As far as I know the ONLY carts that are truly reliable are

1: Carts that are officially supported by Wood such as the:
    Original R4,
    R4i Gold 3DS, by www.r4ids.cn
    R4 3D by www.r4idsn.com,
    2: AceKard 2i,
    3: Supercard DSTWO

other then those, they're are probably a few clones that work well but why buy a clone when you can buy the original?

I myself have been using the R4 original (not the original, original, but a reproduction) for more then a year now, I got it when I finally got a DS lite for Christmas, (after all these years) which I then sold and got 2 used DS lites for me and my brother. A few months later I discovered the AMAZING Wood R4 firmware and purchased 2 R4s and 2 Non-OEM MicroSDs, well the MicroSDs both broke in less then 6 months and I got Kingstons which have been great. And our R4s are STILL after a YEAR running flawlessly.

So my opinion of the Original R4 will always be great, they just made a flash cart the right way.

And when I upgrade i'll either get the AceKard 2i or the R4i Gold 3DS, which is what I would recommend, also buy them from Lightake.com they've proven to be a great site to buy from.

And when I get a 3DS (probably when the equivalent 3DSi comes out) i'll bet people will be whining about how cheap the AceKard 2i is, and that it can ONLY use 32gb cards lol.

But here's to hopeing we'll get a 3DS flash sooner then later as the sooner it comes the sooner it will be cheap enough for me to buy :p lol

14. aya3ds

aya3ds Member

Remember that NO ANY flashcarte can work on 3DS rom... currently.
    That is a lie just to trick you for order...
    do not believe and wast your money. if you order, i suggest you to ask a refund from the seller.... since it is NOT true, it wont work on 3DS rom...