1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any new DSI carts?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by riacz, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riacz

riacz Member

This is my first post here, hopefully I do it right. My daughter updated her DSI to 1.4, which, of course, means we can't use the R4i anymore. I know that some of the companies are working on fixes, but does anyone know if there are any new carts on the market right now that will work with the update? We have the R4i Ultra, which there doesn't appear to be a fix for, and even if there was, I don't know if I would understand how to do it. I want to just buy a new card that works with the update. Anyone know if there is such a thing right now?
    Thanks!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are quite a few cards with 1.4 fixes.

EZFlashVi
    Acekard2i
    SupercardDSonei
    M3 Zero i (I believe that is it's name)
    TTDSi

And at least one or two of the R4i clones have a 1.4 compatible card, but I would stay away from them (too many different ones with the exact same name out there).

If I had a DSi, I would get an EZFlashVi, Acekard2i, or SupercardDSonei

3. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

OH yea also stay away from M3 and TTDSi cause they kinda take forever to update

4. riacz

riacz Member

Thanks a lot for the quick responses! I went ahead and ordered the Acekard 2i. I don't know who will be happier when it gets here - me, or my daughter!

5. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

haha im taking BOTH =P lol

6. riacz

riacz Member

Ok, I got my Acecard the other day, and I can't seem to make it work. I've had no trouble setting up the r4i's in the past, so I figured this would be just as easy, but it's not. I thought I had followed all of online instructions that I've found in various discussions, but no matter what I do, I still get the same error screen that we first got right after the upgrade to v1.4. Does this mean that my Acekard is not compatible with the 1.4 upgrade, or is there still something else I need to be doing? If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

7. TirithRR

In order to upgrade you Acekard2i to the 1.4 compatible loader, you need to run the upgrade on a DS or DSLite, or a DSi without the 1.4 firmware.

8. riacz

riacz Member

Thank you for replying so quickly, but could you fill in the blanks for me? I'm sorry, I am just really confused about this whole thing. So if I borrow a DS or DS lite from someone, first I guess I need to know that I won't ruin it somehow by running an upgrade on it. And if I don't need to worry about that, can you tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do once I get the DS lite? I'm really trying to not be a pest here, but I'm just not getting this.

9. TirithRR

You won't affect the DS at all.

I believe all you have to do is download the 1.4 update for the Acekard2i
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/AceKard_2i_firmware_v1.4.zip

There are two files, one for the DSi, one for the DSL.

If you are updating on a 1.3 firmware DSi, run the DSi.nds
    If you are updating on a DS Lite, run the DSL.nds

Then once finished, just delete the updates, put your firmware (either the Acekard or AKAIO will work).

10. pinak

pinak Member

I know it's kinda late, but the M3i Zero, is much better. I received it yesterday and took less than 10 seconds to update ! And it has most features, and doesn't require another Nintendo DS System to upgrade !

11. riacz

riacz Member

Well, thanks, but I've got the Acekard already, so I'm gonna see what I can do with that. I appreciate your input, though.
    Post Merge: [time]1254093467[/time]
    Thanks so much for your help, TirithRR, I really appreciate it, and I'm hoping you'll bear with me a little longer. I just went and borrowed a DS lite from my friend's daughter. Right now I have, I believe, the AKAIO on my micro SD card. Should I delete that and start over?

12. TirithRR

You won't want to delete them, since you need to load the card in order to run the update.

13. riacz

riacz Member

Ok, I ran the update on the DS lite and then put in the DSi. It looked like it was set to work, so I took it out, deleted the update, and transfered my games to the SD card. Now when I put it in, it says, in blue letters, "system file is missing". I put the update back on there, but that didn't do anything. I was so close to getting it to work. What did I do wrong, any ideas?

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Reinstall the firmware.

15. riacz

riacz Member

Ok, got it! Thanks so much to everyone who helped me with this, and for being so patient. My daughter is a happy little camper now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.