1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any lucid dreamers here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeac, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

2. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I have those all the time. i hate double dreams where i wake up but i was still in bed but it was a dream.

3. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I've read about these and wish they happened to me so bad. Being able to manipulate what's happening seems like it'd be really fun.

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Nice. It's called a false awakening, where you have to do a reality check to become lucid. Are you a natural lucid dreamer?

You can do it. Dedicate yourself to doing it and look up the several methods on how to induce a lucid dream.

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Some random guy made a theory that doing it continuously will make you lose your sense of reality.

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

That's bull.

Unless you were trapped in a dream that is highly unlikely. You can get addicted and obsessed with it though, because it is pretty fun. But as long as you know you are gonna wake up anyways, I doubt you will lose touch with reality.

7. doughboy

doughboy Guest

i once dreamt i was fighting ganadorf (or someone familiar)......no i was not wearing that faggish link clothes............he was beating me, but then, when i found out i was dreaming, i taught if i believed i could probably defeat him........and guess what somehow i got more power and beat him.......yay.............(sounds kind of like the prolouge for the Matrix movie)

other times, i don't know if this is, this kind of dream............but i was dreaming of me battling zombies with guns in a persons mansion..........then my brother woke me up >:[......i was pissed the dream was awesome............so i fell back to sleep and like a movie strip i was back to battling zombies for another hour.........
    (no i did not play resident evil before i fell asleep)

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Done it a couple of times. Haven't been in control, but I have been aware of the fact that I'm dreaming. My subconscious is terrifying.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I've had a few. Once, I was in a big steal maze that was hundreds of stories high. Every step I took, echoed. There were no walls, but fencing as walls. There were zombies...It was awesome. :D

10. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I told you that shit would work wonders for your sleeping habits. I got Ninjas in mine wasn't lucky to get zombie...or maybe I will see some zombie ninjas next time!

I actually can only remember one I had over 3 years ago where I got partial control of a dream as I even stated to myself it was a dream in this dream and preceded to I guess prove it to myself it was a dream, then it took back control and played itself out to a unpleasant ending that still lingers in my mind today as I really believe it was a preemptive account of something that happened within 3 days of this dream or was a very, very coincidental.

11. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

It's only happened a few time and I forgot what went on in all of them but I've had dreams with continuity before.

I slammed one of my fingers in a door and it fell off. But in the next couple of dreams, my finger starting growing back.

12. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I didn't expect more than three replies. XD

Well, if you want to try out lucid dreaming, check it out then.

13. Stanley Richards

"If this really works, I can dream that I'm banging Megan Fox in the ass"? - Random youtube viewer

14. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

It's happened a few times though most of them are frightening, and causing sleep paralysis at the last minute before waking up with eyes wide open.

o_O

15. Stanley Richards

Sleep paralysis is frightening. I get it almost every time before and after I sleep.

16. RomRomPawnch

RomRomPawnch Well-Known Member

I try. I fail at it.

17. light_x_dark

light_x_dark Well-Known Member

Lucid dreaming eh?

Never been actually able to control my dreams, but I've been aware that I'm dreaming, occasionally.

18. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

usually when I find out I'm dreaming I just wake up very early in the morning. sometimes I know i'm dreaming and it only lasts awhile till I wake up. sucks to be me. oh and I WENT INTO A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM(if you know what I mean *cough*inception*cough*)!!!!

19. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Sleep paralysis is cool. I like the feeling of falling through your bed.

That isn't a good sign. It's associated with narcolepsy.

XD

20. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

LMAO! this sounds fun!!!!! imma try this tonight! :p